Date: 3.29.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 3633
Frw.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Heart of darkness analysis

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Heart of darkness analysis

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality - heart of darkness analysis

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Buy Essay Online Help and Buy Professionals Essays - Video SparkNotes: Joseph Conrad s Heart of Darkness summary

Nov 17, 2017 Heart of darkness analysis,

Order Essay Paper - Heart of Darkness: Theme Analysis | Novelguide

bowlby essay R. Chris Fraley | University of Illinois. Research on heart of darkness, adult attachment is guided by civil war the assumption that the heart analysis, same motivational system that gives rise to the close emotional bond between parents and their children is responsible for the bond that develops between adults in sri lanka, emotionally intimate relationships. The objective of this essay is to provide a brief overview of the history of adult attachment research, the heart analysis, key theoretical ideas, and a sampling of peloponnesian some of the research findings. This essay has been written for people who are interested in analysis, learning more about research on war, adult attachment. Background: Bowlby's Theory of Attachment. Of Darkness Analysis! The theory of Essay on Issues in Schools attachment was originally developed by John Bowlby (1907 - 1990), a British psychoanalyst who was attempting to heart, understand the peloponnesian war causes, intense distress experienced by heart of darkness infants who had been separated from peloponnesian, their parents. Bowlby observed that separated infants would go to analysis, extraordinary lengths (e.g., crying, clinging, frantically searching) to on What, prevent separation from heart of darkness analysis, their parents or to on Business Overview: Real Estate, reestablish proximity to a missing parent. At the time of Bowlby's initial writings, psychoanalytic writers held that these expressions were manifestations of immature defense mechanisms that were operating to of darkness analysis, repress emotional pain, but Bowlby noted that such expressions are common to a wide variety of Essay mammalian species, and speculated that these behaviors may serve an evolutionary function. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Drawing on on Business Overview: Real Estate, ethological theory, Bowlby postulated that these attachment behaviors , such as crying and searching, were adaptive responses to of darkness analysis, separation from a primary attachment figure --someone who provides support, protection, and care. Because human infants, like other mammalian infants, cannot feed or protect themselves, they are dependent upon the care and on Business Overview: Distressed Estate protection of heart older and war causes wiser adults. Bowlby argued that, over the course of evolutionary history, infants who were able to analysis, maintain proximity to an attachment figure via attachment behaviors would be more likely to survive to a reproductive age.

According to Bowlby, a motivational system, what he called the war, attachment behavioral system , was gradually designed by heart of darkness analysis natural selection to regulate proximity to an attachment figure. The attachment behavior system is an on What is Glycation? important concept in attachment theory because it provides the conceptual linkage between ethological models of analysis human development and modern theories on thesis, emotion regulation and personality. According to Bowlby, the attachment system essentially asks the heart of darkness, following fundamental question: Is the on What, attachment figure nearby, accessible, and attentive? If the child perceives the of darkness, answer to this question to be yes, he or she feels loved, secure, and major battle war confident, and, behaviorally, is likely to of darkness, explore his or her environment, play with others, and in Schools be sociable. Heart Of Darkness! If, however, the child perceives the answer to this question to be no, the child experiences anxiety and, behaviorally, is likely to civil, exhibit attachment behaviors ranging from simple visual searching on the low extreme to active following and heart vocal signaling on major battle, the other (see Figure 1). These behaviors continue until either the heart of darkness analysis, child is able to my vision, reestablish a desirable level of physical or psychological proximity to analysis, the attachment figure, or until the child wears down, as may happen in the context of sri lanka a prolonged separation or loss. In such cases, Bowlby believed that young children experienced profound despair and depression. Of Darkness! Individual Differences in literature review thesis, Infant Attachment Patterns. Although Bowlby believed that the basic dynamics described above captured the normative dynamics of the of darkness, attachment behavioral system, he recognized that there are individual differences in the way children appraise the war causes, accessibility of the attachment figure and how they regulate their attachment behavior in response to heart of darkness, threats. However, it wasn't until his colleague, Mary Ainsworth (1913 1999), began to thesis, systematically study infant-parent separations that a formal understanding of these individual differences was articulated.

Ainsworth and her students developed a technique called the of darkness, strange situation --a laboratory paradigm for thesis studying infant-parent attachment. In the strange situation, 12-month-old infants and heart analysis their parents are brought to the laboratory and, systematically, separated from and reunited with one another. In the strange situation, most children (i.e., about 60%) behave in the way implied by war causes Bowlby's normative theory. Of Darkness Analysis! They become upset when the parent leaves the room, but, when he or she returns, they actively seek the parent and are easily comforted by sri lanka civil him or her. Children who exhibit this pattern of of darkness analysis behavior are often called secure . On What Is Glycation?! Other children (about 20% or less) are ill-at-ease initially, and, upon separation, become extremely distressed. Importantly, when reunited with their parents, these children have a difficult time being soothed, and heart of darkness often exhibit conflicting behaviors that suggest they want to be comforted, but that they also want to punish the parent for leaving. These children are often called anxious-resistant . The third pattern of attachment that Ainsworth and her colleagues documented is thesis called avoidant . Avoidant children (about 20%) don't appear too distressed by of darkness analysis the separation, and, upon civil, reunion, actively avoid seeking contact with their parent, sometimes turning their attention to play objects on the laboratory floor. Ainsworth's work was important for at heart of darkness, least three reasons. First, she provided one of the first empirical demonstrations of how attachment behavior is patterned in both safe and frightening contexts.

Second, she provided the first empirical taxonomy of individual differences in Essay Distressed Real Estate Purchase, infant attachment patterns. Of Darkness! According to her research, at Essay on Issues in Schools, least three types of children exist: those who are secure in their relationship with their parents, those who are anxious-resistant, and those who are anxious-avoidant. Heart Analysis! Finally, she demonstrated that these individual differences were correlated with infant-parent interactions in the home during the first year of review life. Children who appear secure in of darkness analysis, the strange situation, for business example, tend to analysis, have parents who are responsive to their needs. Easyjet Business! Children who appear insecure in of darkness analysis, the strange situation (i.e., anxious-resistant or avoidant) often have parents who are insensitive to their needs, or inconsistent or rejecting in the care they provide. Essay Overview: Real Estate Purchase! In the analysis, years that have followed, a number of my vision essay researchers have demonstrated links between early parental sensitivity and responsiveness and of darkness analysis attachment security. Although Bowlby was primarily focused on Essay Purchase, understanding the nature of the heart of darkness, infant-caregiver relationship, he believed that attachment characterized human experience from the cradle to the grave. It was not until the mid-1980's, however, that researchers began to take seriously the possibility that attachment processes may play out in adulthood.

Hazan and Shaver (1987) were two of the first researchers to peloponnesian, explore Bowlby's ideas in the context of of darkness romantic relationships. According to major battle of revolutionary, Hazan and of darkness Shaver, the in Schools, emotional bond that develops between adult romantic partners is heart of darkness analysis partly a function of the review, same motivational system--the attachment behavioral system--that gives rise to heart of darkness analysis, the emotional bond between infants and war causes their caregivers. Hazan and Shaver noted that the relationship between infants and caregivers and heart the relationship between adult romantic partners share the review thesis, following features: both feel safe when the other is heart of darkness analysis nearby and war causes responsive both engage in heart of darkness analysis, close, intimate, bodily contact both feel insecure when the other is peloponnesian inaccessible both share discoveries with one another both play with one another's facial features and analysis exhibit a mutual fascination and Overview: Distressed Real Estate Purchase preoccupation with one another both engage in heart, baby talk On the for america essay, basis of heart of darkness these parallels, Hazan and Shaver argued that adult romantic relationships, like infant-caregiver relationships, are attachments, and that romantic love is war causes a property of the of darkness, attachment behavioral system, as well as the motivational systems that give rise to caregiving and sexuality. For America! Three Implications of of darkness Adult Attachment Theory.

The idea that romantic relationships may be attachment relationships has had a profound influence on war, modern research on of darkness analysis, close relationships. Peloponnesian! There are at least three critical implications of this idea. Heart Of Darkness! First, if adult romantic relationships are attachment relationships, then we should observe the same kinds of individual differences in adult relationships that Ainsworth observed in infant-caregiver relationships . We may expect some adults, for easyjet example, to be secure in their relationships--to feel confident that their partners will be there for of darkness analysis them when needed, and civil open to heart, depending on major of revolutionary war, others and having others depend on them. Heart Of Darkness! We should expect other adults, in contrast, to Distressed Estate, be insecure in their relationships. Analysis! For example, some insecure adults may be anxious-resistant : they worry that others may not love them completely, and be easily frustrated or angered when their attachment needs go unmet. Easyjet Structure! Others may be avoidant : they may appear not to heart analysis, care too much about on Business Estate, close relationships, and analysis may prefer not to be too dependent upon major, other people or to have others be too dependent upon them. Of Darkness Analysis! Second, if adult romantic relationships are attachment relationships, then the way adult relationships work should be similar to structure, the way infant-caregiver relationships work . Heart Of Darkness! In other words, the easyjet structure, same kinds of heart factors that facilitate exploration in sri lanka war, children (i.e., having a responsive caregiver) should facilitate exploration among adults (i.e., having a responsive partner). The kinds of things that make an heart attachment figure desirable for on What is Glycation? infants (i.e., responsiveness, availability) are the heart, kinds of factors adults should find desirable in Essay, romantic partners.

In short, individual differences in attachment should influence relational and analysis personal functioning in adulthood in war, the same way they do in heart, childhood. Third, whether an adult is war causes secure or insecure in of darkness, his or her adult relationships may be a partial reflection of his or her experiences with his or her primary caregivers . Bowlby believed that the war causes, mental representations or working models (i.e., expectations, beliefs, rules or scripts for heart of darkness analysis behaving and in Schools thinking) that a child holds regarding relationships are a function of his or her caregiving experiences. For example, a secure child tends to heart of darkness, believe that others will be there for for america him or her because previous experiences have led him or her to this conclusion. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Once a child has developed such expectations, he or she will tend to seek out easyjet relational experiences that are consistent with those expectations and perceive others in analysis, a way that is colored by review those beliefs. According to heart of darkness, Bowlby, this kind of major battle of revolutionary process should promote continuity in heart of darkness analysis, attachment patterns over the life course, although it is Essay is Glycation? possible that a person's attachment pattern will change if his or her relational experiences are inconsistent with his or her expectations. In short, if we assume that adult relationships are attachment relationships, it is of darkness analysis possible that children who are secure as children will grow up to be secure in sri lanka war, their romantic relationships. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Or, relatedly, that people who are secure as adults in their relationships with their parents will be more likely to battle of revolutionary, forge secure relationships with new partners. In the sections below I briefly address these three implications in light of early and heart contemporary research on peloponnesian, adult attachment. Heart Analysis! Do We Observe the essay, Same Kinds of Attachment Patterns Among Adults that We Observe Among Children?

The earliest research on adult attachment involved studying the heart analysis, association between individual differences in adult attachment and major the way people think about their relationships and of darkness their memories for on What what their relationships with their parents are like. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Hazan and my vision Shaver (1987) developed a simple questionnaire to of darkness analysis, measure these individual differences. Essay On Issues In Schools! (These individual differences are often referred to as attachment styles , attachment patterns , attachment orientations , or differences in the organization of the of darkness analysis, attachment system .) In short, Hazan and Shaver asked research subjects to business, read the analysis, three paragraphs listed below, and indicate which paragraph best characterized the Essay on What is Glycation?, way they think, feel, and behave in close relationships: A. Of Darkness Analysis! I am somewhat uncomfortable being close to others; I find it difficult to on Issues in Schools, trust them completely, difficult to allow myself to heart of darkness, depend on them. On What! I am nervous when anyone gets too close, and heart analysis often, others want me to be more intimate than I feel comfortable being. B. I find it relatively easy to get close to others and am comfortable depending on them and easyjet having them depend on me. I don't worry about heart analysis, being abandoned or about war causes, someone getting too close to me. Heart Analysis! C. I find that others are reluctant to get as close as I would like. Essay Is Glycation?! I often worry that my partner doesn't really love me or won't want to stay with me. Heart Analysis! I want to get very close to Essay on What, my partner, and this sometimes scares people away.

Based on of darkness, this three-category measure, Hazan and review thesis Shaver found that the distribution of heart categories was similar to civil, that observed in infancy. Of Darkness Analysis! In other words, about 60% of war adults classified themselves as secure (paragraph B), about 20% described themselves as avoidant (paragraph A), and heart of darkness about 20% described themselves as anxious-resistant (paragraph C). Although this measure served as a useful way to study the association between attachment styles and relationship functioning, it didn't allow a full test of the hypothesis that the same kinds of individual differences observed in infants might be manifest among adults. (In many ways, the Hazan and Shaver measure assumed this to be true.) Subsequent research has explored this hypothesis in a variety of ways. For example, Kelly Brennan and peloponnesian her colleagues collected a number of heart statements (e.g., I believe that others will be there for me when I need them) and studied the way these statements hang together statistically (Brennan, Clark, Shaver, 1998). Brennan's findings suggested that there are two fundamental dimensions with respect to adult attachment patterns (see Figure 2). On Issues Faced! One critical variable has been labeled attachment-related anxiety . Heart Analysis! People who score high on this variable tend to literature thesis, worry whether their partner is heart available, responsive, attentive, etc. People who score on the low end of war causes this variable are more secure in the perceived responsiveness of heart analysis their partners.

The other critical variable is called attachment-related avoidance . Peloponnesian! People on the high end of this dimension prefer not to rely on of darkness, others or open up to others. War! People on the low end of this dimension are more comfortable being intimate with others and of darkness are more secure depending upon and having others depend upon them. On What Is Glycation?! A prototypical secure adult is low on both of analysis these dimensions. Brennan's findings are critical because recent analyses of the major battle of revolutionary war, statistical patterning of heart analysis behavior among infants in battle war, the strange situation reveal two functionally similar dimensions: one that captures variability in of darkness analysis, the anxiety and business resistance of the heart of darkness analysis, child and literature review thesis another that captures variability in the child's willingness to of darkness analysis, use the parent as a safe haven for sri lanka civil war support (see Fraley Spieker, 2003a, 2003b). Of Darkness! Functionally, these dimensions are similar to literature review, the two-dimensions uncovered among adults, suggesting that similar patterns of attachment exist at different points in of darkness analysis, the life span. Essay Is Glycation?! In light of Brennan's findings, as well as taxometric research published by of darkness Fraley and Waller (1998), most researchers currently conceptualize and measure individual differences in attachment dimensionally rather than categorically.

That is, it is war causes assumed that attachment styles are things that vary in degree rather than kind. The most popular measures of adult attachment style are Brennan, Clark, and Shaver's (1998) ECR and Fraley, Waller, and Brennan's (2000) ECR-R--a revised version of the of darkness, ECR. [Click here to take an on-line quiz designed to determine your attachment style based on these two dimensions.] Both of these self-report instruments provide continuous scores on the two dimensions of business structure attachment-related anxiety and avoidance. [Click here to learn more about self-report measures of individual differences in adult attachment.] Do Adult Romantic Relationships Work in heart, the Same Way that Infant-Caregiver Relationships Work? There is my vision for america now an increasing amount of heart research that suggests that adult romantic relationships function in ways that are similar to infant-caregiver relationships, with some noteworthy exceptions, of course. Naturalistic research on adults separating from their partners at my vision for america essay, an airport demonstrated that behaviors indicative of heart of darkness attachment-related protest and caregiving were evident, and that the regulation of these behaviors was associated with attachment style (Fraley Shaver, 1998). For example, while separating couples generally showed more attachment behavior than nonseparating couples, highly avoidant adults showed much less attachment behavior than less avoidant adults. Is Glycation?! In the heart of darkness, sections below I discuss some of the parallels that have been discovered between the way that infant-caregiver relationships and for america essay adult romantic relationships function. Heart Analysis! Cross-cultural studies suggest that the my vision, secure pattern of attachment in infancy is heart of darkness analysis universally considered the most desirable pattern by mothers (see van IJzendoorn Sagi, 1999). Essay Distressed Estate Purchase! For obvious reasons there is of darkness no similar study asking infants if they would prefer a security-inducing attachment figure. Adults seeking long-term relationships identify responsive caregiving qualities, such as attentiveness, warmth, and sensitivity, as most attractive in major, potential dating partners (Zeifman Hazan, 1997). Despite the heart, attractiveness of secure qualities, however, not all adults are paired with secure partners.

Some evidence suggests that people end up in battle of revolutionary, relationships with partners who confirm their existing beliefs about attachment relationships (Frazier et al., 1997). Secure base and safe haven behavior. In infancy, secure infants tend to be the most well adjusted, in the sense that they are relatively resilient, they get along with their peers, and are well liked. Similar kinds of patterns have emerged in research on adult attachment. Overall, secure adults tend to heart, be more satisfied in their relationships than insecure adults. Their relationships are characterized by greater longevity, trust, commitment, and interdependence (e.g., Feeney, Noller, Callan, 1994), and they are more likely to literature review thesis, use romantic partners as a secure base from heart analysis, which to review thesis, explore the world (e.g., Fraley Davis, 1997). Of Darkness! A large proportion of research on adult attachment has been devoted to Essay is Glycation?, uncovering the heart of darkness, behavioral and psychological mechanisms that promote security and secure base behavior in Essay, adults. There have been two major discoveries thus far. First and in analysis, accordance with attachment theory, secure adults are more likely than insecure adults to seek support from their partners when distressed. Literature! Furthermore, they are more likely to heart of darkness, provide support to my vision for america, their distressed partners (e.g., Simpson et al., 1992). Second, the attributions that insecure individuals make concerning their partner's behavior during and following relational conflicts exacerbate, rather than alleviate, their insecurities (e.g., Simpson et al., 1996).

Avoidant Attachment and Defense Mechanisms. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Recent research on on What is Glycation?, adult attachment has revealed some interesting complexities concerning the relationships between avoidance and defense. Although some avoidant adults, often called fearfully-avoidant adults, are poorly adjusted despite their defensive nature, others, often called dismissing-avoidant adults, are able to use defensive strategies in heart, an adaptive way. For example, in for america essay, an experimental task in which adults were instructed to discuss losing their partner, Fraley and heart Shaver (1997) found that dismissing individuals (i.e., individuals who are high on the dimension of attachment-related avoidance but low on the dimension of business structure attachment-related anxiety) were just as physiologically distressed (as assessed by analysis skin conductance measures) as other individuals. When instructed to suppress their thoughts and major battle feelings, however, dismissing individuals were able to do so effectively. That is, they could deactivate their physiological arousal to some degree and heart analysis minimize the attention they paid to peloponnesian war causes, attachment-related thoughts. Fearfully-avoidant individuals were not as successful in heart of darkness, suppressing their emotions. Essay! Are Attachment Patterns Stable from heart of darkness analysis, Infancy to Adulthood? Perhaps the most provocative and controversial implication of adult attachment theory is that a person's attachment style as an thesis adult is shaped by his or her interactions with parental attachment figures. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Although the idea that early attachment experiences might have an influence on attachment style in romantic relationships is Essay on Issues Faced in Schools relatively uncontroversial, hypotheses about the of darkness analysis, source and degree of overlap between the on What is Glycation?, two kinds of heart of darkness analysis attachment orientations have been controversial. There are at my vision for america, least two issues involved in heart of darkness, considering the question of major battle war stability: (a) How much similarity is there between the security people experience with different people in their lives (e.g., mothers, fathers, romantic partners)? and (b) With respect to any one of heart analysis these relationships, how stable is on What security over time?

With respect to this first issue, it appears that there is of darkness analysis a modest degree of overlap between how secure people feel with their mothers, for my vision essay example, and heart how secure they feel with their romantic partners. Fraley, for major example, collected self-report measures of heart of darkness analysis one's current attachment style with a significant parental figure and a current romantic partner and found correlations ranging between approximately .20 to .50 (i.e., small to war, moderate) between the heart, two kinds of attachment relationships. Thesis! [Click here to heart, take an peloponnesian war causes on-line quiz designed to assess the analysis, similarity between your attachment styles with different people in business structure, your life.] With respect to the second issue, the of darkness, stability of review thesis one's attachment to one's parents appears to of darkness analysis, be equal to on Issues in Schools, a correlation of of darkness analysis about .25 to sri lanka war, .39 (Fraley, 2002). There is heart analysis only one longitudinal study of easyjet structure which we are aware that assessed the of darkness, link between security at age 1 in war causes, the strange situation and security of the same people 20 years later in their adult romantic relationships. Analysis! This unpublished study uncovered a correlation of .17 between these two variables (Steele, Waters, Crowell, Treboux, 1998). Essay On What! The association between early attachment experiences and of darkness analysis adult attachment styles has also been examined in for america essay, retrospective studies. Heart Of Darkness! Hazan and Shaver (1987) found that adults who were secure in their romantic relationships were more likely to essay, recall their childhood relationships with parents as being affectionate, caring, and accepting (see also Feeney Noller, 1990).

Based on of darkness, these kinds of thesis studies, it seems likely that attachment styles in the child-parent domain and analysis attachment styles in the romantic relationship domain are only major battle, moderately related at analysis, best. What are the implications of such findings for adult attachment theory? According to some writers, the on Business Distressed Real Estate Purchase, most important proposition of the theory is analysis that the attachment system, a system originally adapted for easyjet business structure the ecology of heart infancy, continues to influence behavior, thought, and feeling in adulthood (see Fraley Shaver, 2000). My Vision For America Essay! This proposition may hold regardless of heart whether individual differences in on Business Overview: Purchase, the way the of darkness analysis, system is Faced in Schools organized remain stable over a decade or more, and of darkness analysis stable across different kinds of sri lanka intimate relationships. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Although the social and cognitive mechanisms invoked by Essay attachment theorists imply that stability in attachment style may be the rule rather than the exception, these basic mechanisms can predict either long-run continuity or discontinuity, depending on the precise ways in heart of darkness, which they are conceptualized (Fraley, 2002). Fraley (2002) discussed two models of continuity derived from Essay Distressed Estate Purchase, attachment theory that make different predictions about long-term continuity even though they were derived from the same basic theoretical principles. Each model assumes that individual differences in heart, attachment representations are shaped by variation in Faced in Schools, experiences with caregivers in early childhood, and heart of darkness that, in turn, these early representations shape the quality of the individual's subsequent attachment experiences. However, one model assumes that existing representations are updated and revised in light of major battle of revolutionary war new experiences such that older representations are eventually overwritten. Mathematical analyses revealed that this model predicts that the long-term stability of individual differences will approach zero. The second model is heart of darkness analysis similar to the first, but makes the easyjet structure, additional assumption that representational models developed in of darkness analysis, the first year of life are preserved (i.e., they are not overwritten) and continue to influence relational behavior throughout the life course. Essay On What! Analyses of of darkness analysis this model revealed that long-term stability can approach a non-zero limiting value.

The important point here is that the principles of attachment theory can be used to derive developmental models that make strikingly different predictions about the literature, long-term stability of individual differences. In light of this finding, the existence of long-term stability of individual differences should be considered an empirical question rather than an assumption of the theory. Outstanding Questions and heart analysis Future Directions for Research on Adult Attachment. Major War! There are a number of questions that current and future research on heart analysis, attachment needs to address. For example, it is probably the my vision for america, case that, while some romantic relationships are genuine attachment relationships, others are not. It will be necessary for future researchers to heart of darkness, find ways to better determine whether a relationship is Essay on What is Glycation? actually serving attachment-related functions.

Second, although it is heart of darkness analysis clear why attachment behavior may serve an important evolutionary function in infancy, it is not clear whether attachment serves an important evolutionary function among adults. Third, we still don't have a strong understanding of the precise factors that may change a person's attachment style. Essay On Issues In Schools! In the interest of heart of darkness improving people's lives, it will be necessary to learn more about the review thesis, factors that promote attachment security and heart of darkness relational well-being.

Write my essay, paper - SparkNotes: Heart of Darkness: Part 1

Heart of darkness analysis

Custom Essay Order - Heart of Darkness at a Glance - Cliffs Notes

Custom Essay Order - Video SparkNotes: Joseph Conrad s Heart of Darkness summary

Horror Story Ideas - Story Writing For Scaring People. I'm allowing people to see some of my horror story ideas in analysis, the hopes of motivating myself into developing some of my own story writing. The reasoning behind this is a little embarrassing, but since it bears on me deciding to write this article, here are some broad strokes of this tale: The creative bug didn't bite me until I was an adult. As I found myself reading good stories, watching good movies, and looking at great art, I discovered that I longed to create such things on my own. I wanted to say that my job was to literature review, create. I quickly began to accumulate ideas, and since I loved the heart analysis, horror genre, a lot of them leaned towards the darker side of things. Essay On Business Overview: Distressed Estate! I began forming horror story ideas everywhere and thoroughly enjoyed jotting down plots of frightening tales. Analysis! This went on for years, and despite accumulating so many ideas, I still don't have any concrete creations yet. Hopefully, this article will help inspire me to of revolutionary war, start fleshing these plots out and put them out into of darkness, the universe.

Personal anecdote aside, let's get to the meat on the bones, shall we? Here are 27 scary story ideas for you to hopefully develop or at least be inspired by! Enjoy. As your grandfather lies on his deathbed, he tells you of a terrible crime he committed many years ago and for america essay got away with. He also tells you that his freedom was the result of a spell he performed and that you should expect a visit from of darkness, a dark man. Essay Overview: Real! He will come out of the shadows, are his last words. A hiker is heart of darkness analysis, trapped in a freak snowstorm but finds shelter in an old cave. As the weeks pass, he grows hungry. Essay On What! Water is not a problem, but he is a meat eater and he begins to heart, look at his lower leg. There's a lot of good muscle on the lower leg.

He draws out Essay on What is Glycation?, his knife and prepares to do what's necessary to survive. A small child begins to take a huge interest in horror films. He begins to experiment with small animals, but eventually decides to graduate on to humans. His only decision is to focus on adults or other children. He then begins to sneak out at night on a regular basis . . . An old serial killer is suffering from the equivalent of writer's block and has not killed in three years . . . Heart! until he reads an article about horror story ideas. Of Revolutionary War! You are invited to a swanky party full of rich and boring people.

To amuse yourself, you ask someone a rather innocent, hypothetical question, Do you know what it's like to kill a person? Then, someone says yes. Short Horror Story Ideas that Focus on Creatures and Monsters. Larry is a necrophiliac and often visits old cemeteries at heart, night to indulge in his hobby. Imagine his surprise after spending hours digging through rooted ground at hearing sounds coming from inside a casket. Larry smiles . . . and then begins to open it. There is an old legend about the land the Preston family just purchased at a rock bottom price. The family that used to Essay on What is Glycation?, live in heart analysis, the city is going to find out that they definitely need to do research before buying real estate in the country for a price that is too good to believe. A person visits the same spot in sri lanka civil, the forest every night for of darkness, the past five months He (or she) always stays until dawn until he has to get ready to go to work. He had heard a rumor that the forest was inhabited by literature thesis some sort of monster. Tonight, he'll find out that the rumors are true.

Ricky has been given the OK to get a pet dog and, despite looking all day, he just couldn't find the one he wanted. They were heading home when they saw someone putting out heart of darkness, a dog for sale sign at literature, a house. The boy falls in heart analysis, love with the Essay on What, animal and convinces his parents to heart of darkness, purchase it despite their reservations. Sri Lanka War! So, what were the parents nervous about? They had never seen a dog that stood so tall, with solid red eyes, even though they were assured by the owner that these were just medical oddities. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Emily knew the risks of calling forth such ancient creatures for simple favors, but she just had to make Josh love her. Nothing else was more important. She had done everything the book said to do down, down to Essay Overview: Distressed Estate Purchase, the last detail, and felt confident her spell would be successful. It's a shame that she didn't realize the typo on the word tree. Analysis! Someone had forgotten the letter h. Now, Emily has to peloponnesian war causes, live inside her body alongside a powerful demona demon that takes control more often than she wants it to. Scary Ghost Story Ideas (Featuring Other Things That Go Bump In the Night)

Rose was quite comfortable with Henry having an imaginary friend. After all, she had one when she was little was fine. Tom was a little worried about him talking to nothing all the time, but she wasn't. She picked up his clothes and analysis headed to Essay Purchase, his room; the door was closed, as usual. She opened it just in time to see a checker piece move across the board . . . by itself. As the spirit sat and watched the girl on the other side of the mirror, he felt such sadness. Despite being dead for only a short time, it felt like an eternity. He watched his wife with loving eyes and watched as she put the gun into her mouth.

It'll be good to see her again, he thought. Ouija boards are tricky contraptions. Even the heart of darkness analysis, most seasoned demonologist will tell you to major battle of revolutionary war, treat them with extreme caution. As the salesman was going over the finer points of using the device, all Karen could think about was why someone would bother to create one using human bones. She would later regret not learning why.

A new author becomes worried when he can't come up with a good idea for his second book. In an of darkness act of desperation, he takes out a very old book that his grandfather brought back from the homeland. As he turns the book to an ancient spell, he seriously contemplates contacting H.P. Lovecraft and making a slave out of him. Allen has tried to contact the spirit world 12 times, and has failed 12 times. This time, he has taken some advice from a seasoned medium and feels confident he will succeed. Too bad, because he didn't know the review, medium was suffering from a mental breakdown while giving him that advice. He will definitely get more than he bargained for on this attempt. Short Scary Story Ideas to Develop at Your Own Leisure.

A man is working the heart of darkness, graveyard shift when Twilight Zone by literature thesis Golden Earring comes on of darkness analysis, the radio. The clock strikes 2 A.M. just as the song lyrics It's 2 A.M., the fear has gone . . . plays. The lights go out, yet the radio continues playing. Other things begin to happen as well. The song continues to play this whole time. A guy has an Essay is Glycation? opportunity to spend the night with a childhood crush who has been dead for over twenty years. There are drawbacks, of course. A 7-year-old child decides to take revenge on his abusive parents after getting no help from his teacher. He also draws inspiration from watching Friday the 13th Part III . Analysis! A painter decides to make his ultimate masterpiece by using his own blood to civil, paint with.

A woman is heart analysis, overcome with the peloponnesian war causes, need to dig a hole in a particular spot on her lawn. After digging 30 feet down, she finds something: a doorknob and a door. Lastly, Some One-Liner Writing Prompts to Get Those Creative Juices Flowing. Four strangers are drawn to a small town to enter a bizarre contest. A small child will go to any lengths to win this year's science fair. A guy becomes worried when he notices the neighborhood cats begin following him. Heart Analysis! All of peloponnesian war causes a sudden you can hear the thoughts of heart of darkness plants, and they are not pleasant.

Someone leaves an old key with directions on where the lock is. War Causes! Do you follow? A town falls victim to a large plague of killer rats. What would you do if you suspected your child of killing someone? What type of horror stories do you like to read or write? 101 Writing Prompts and Ideas: Fiction Non-Fiction. by Christin Sander 41. How to Develop a Writing Style: A Guide for Freelance Writers. by Austin Hackney 4. Writing Tips - Seven Hooks to Tease your Reader. by Mohan Kumar 50.

The Writer's Mailbag: installment Ninety-Six. by Bill Holland 76. Very Short Stories for High School Middle School. by Howard Allen 1. Short Story Analysis Where Are You Going? Where Have You Been? How to Write A Science Fiction Short Story. by Candace Bacon 17. Do you have any horror story ideas of of darkness your own you would like to share? hi I don't like this story.

I like the story. how about a story where a rapist is on the lose? and describe the signature way he kills them. these were great im looking for killer ideas for a story. I walked upstairs to my son's room. It was past 10 o'clock and it was time for him to go to bed. Sri Lanka! Before I opened his door I stopped and listened to Sam talk to his imaginary friend. What are your parents like? he asked. Heart Of Darkness! Sam waited a few seconds before replying. Oh I am so sorry,'' he said. I pushed opened the door and told him it was time for him to go to bed. He started to talk to me about his friend.

My husband James stopped at his door, then he came in. He looked at Sam. Sam you are eight years old, your friend is not real. You need to stop talking to yourself and acting like he is a real person or monster or demon, or what ever he is! I looked at James. Battle War! We had not talked about analysis this.

I was snapped out of review my daze by my son yelling back at analysis, his father. Sri Lanka War! But he is heart of darkness analysis, real, his name is Titan! Daddy he is not fake. Sam's face redened. For America! So did James'. Of Darkness! I jumped up and put my hand's on his chest.

I could smell the foul scent of sri lanka war alcohol on his breath. Heart Analysis! He had been drinking again. James shoved me off and I hit the wall and then the floor with a thud. He is not real! James' hand flew threw the air and hit Sam's cheek. Sam hit the floor crying. I tried to Essay on What, reach to him but James stepped on my fingers. I screamed and kept hitting the back of his leg but he would not let go.

I looked away and the pressure was gone. I looked over and James was floating in the air. His face red. I crawled to Sam. Getting a better look at James, he looked as if he was being choked. I did not understand what was going on, until Sam yelled, Here´s one that I came up with. I was always fine with Henry having an heart of darkness analysis imaginary friend, but my husband Jerry on the other hand, wasn't to fond about peloponnesian war causes it. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! I had an battle of revolutionary imaginary friend when I was young, and we always had fun together. I knew it was good for henry to have a strong imagination as it would keep him busy. I passed by Henry´s room and stopped when I heard him talking.

¨When I grow up, I want to be a construction worker. I want to make big, tall buildings that reach the clouds.¨ I motioned to my husband to come over. ¨Just listen.¨ I smiled. ¨Is it him talking to nothing again?¨ ¨I don't want to hear it then.¨ He started walking away. I grabbed him by the wrist and yanked him towards me. ¨All I'm asking you to do is listen.¨ He glared at me then pressed his ear up above the heart of darkness analysis, door. ¨What do you want to be when you grow up?¨ Henry questioned. He paused for a moment as if he was listening to someone responding. ¨Wow!

That is so cool!¨He squealed. Jerry took his ear off the essay, door. ¨I am sick of of darkness all this nonsense!¨ He hissed, his face turning crimson with anger and of revolutionary war fear boiling in his dark blue eyes. ¨I don't understand why it gets to you so much.¨ I shook my head in confusion. ¨It´s beginning to become scary, don't you think?¨ ¨Look, I have my opinion and you have yours. Heart Analysis! I´m done arguing.¨ He walked away into our bedroom and started to get ready for bed. Ï opened Henry´s door. ¨Hey buddy. It´s time to say goodnight to for america, your friend.¨ I put him in his pajamas and tucked him in. ¨Goodnight sweetie.¨ I walked towards his and was about to turn off the light when I noticed a drawing on his desk.

I picked it up looking it over. It was a drawing of a man in a hockey mask, with black eyes that were bleeding. His skin was completely white and of darkness he was wearing long black robes. His hands were knives that were also bloody. I turned to Henry. ¨Who is sri lanka, this?¨ I asked, the analysis, blood draining from my face. ¨My friend of course.¨ you have no idea how helpful this was.

You look to your left then to you right you should have listened when the civil war, people in the town told you not to by the heart of darkness analysis, farm anyone who by's her farm gets killed and now the farm girl is coming for peloponnesian war causes, out and there is no where to hide your fate has been sealed by of darkness the one and only Farm girl. Tatum Bunch 3 months ago. I really like your ideas. I have been in the process of writing my book for battle of revolutionary war, awhile, but I'm scared to go through the publishing process? Can someone give me some advice? Elica Marrua, Age 13 4 months ago. The day your are born, the of darkness analysis, day your die is tatooed on major, your arm. Of Darkness! It's offical, your death date, and only you can escape your death date if someone kills themself the day you wehere supposed to die in your honnor.

Your situation is quite unforntunate. You where supposed to peloponnesian, die three days after your 12th birthday. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! You wake up, unaware of the war causes, time, and look at the calendar. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! It's odd, you think. The town is deserted. Overview: Distressed Real Purchase! You look out your window just before looking at of darkness, the calender.

Blood leaks from the doors from every house on the block. You look at the date. You where supossed to die yesterday. not a good name 4 months ago. I watch a lot of horror films. snowythewolf04 4 months ago. try to base it off something that happened in Essay Overview: Real Purchase, real life such as a radiated zombie breakout from analysis, Chernobyl.

I'm writing a horror story with a friend and the name of the story is The Blood Dripping Off The Knife. It has murder, demon position and literature review some romance. Of Darkness! It has 9 chapters so far. I like goosebumps. Cool these ideas are the best!

Mommy says I have a bad thing. We’ve only called it the literature thesis, bad thing ever since. Heart! The night that it happened I lost control, the bad thing was loose, the flames engulfed Mommy and I made her wear bandages, I made Mommy wear bandages. Great story starter for thesis, all you writers out there. Thanks this site helped a lot I hope my dreams come true. Thank you this really helped me write a story. lillie wright 8 months ago. this is so cool. chrisandmary 8 months ago. i also have had ideas for years, iam very much a nonfiction person, but i couldnt turn a true story into a screenplay, mostly becuase real events are so depressing and analysis accuracy is a lot of pressure, if there isnt a happy ending or a point to major of revolutionary war, pulling the audience through the dialogue;im lost. the other day i was watching a romance, so upbeat, and i felt inspired and of darkness discouraged at the same time, romance is probably not going to be my specialty genre, but it helped me decide to write about a different genre, and for the first time in 15 years, a story came pouring out of me, peice by peice idea led to of revolutionary, idea, and in a matter of days, i have my beginning middle and of darkness analysis end, with only Essay, a few things left to fill in. i believe you are incredibly creative, thats a lot of ideas, if youre still stuck as i was, i would be happy to give you a couple of ideas you might be able to do something with.one i havnt been able to pull together was reincarnation/past life issues causing problems in present life, and heart of darkness analysis another was the black plague, interesting warfare, the mongols catapolted plague bodies over walls of genoa,italy. it was the begginningof the movie, i kind of wanted to throw ghosts in there somehow. and another favorite was going to be a ghost slave revenge haunted plantation type, hope this helps, ill keep my fingers crossed you get your ink flowing! WrtitingNana 9 months ago.

Amazing ideas, here's another. You finally settle into bed on the brink of Essay Overview: Estate Purchase sleep when you hear movement. Heart Of Darkness! Its very small and battle of revolutionary war quiet, but there. You open your eyes and sit up to your glass doll, facing you, a wide grin on its face. Princess rose 10 months ago. I really love horror stories.

I love to heart, make short horror movie and I think I will make more than 15 short horror movie . I am so interested to bo horal. Really helped with my school writing project. Thank-you! actually I' m also writing a story. Peloponnesian! I wanna become an author. I am writing a story about a girl named cydney who has terrifying adventures in a haunted lift. a ghost who wants to of darkness analysis, be a friend of her. For America Essay! forever. this is what the heart of darkness, story is about. On Business Real! I am not able to make the story scary enough. any ideas? this website is super awesome i think if you had to rate it 1 thru 10 it would get 10 and it helps me get information.

Olivia I agree with you. WHY? Why can't we find anything CREEPY without involving death? I love horror so much, and there are some great ideas here! I really like #5 under Short Scary Story Ideas to Develop at Your Own Leisure, and I think it's got a lot of possibilities to become scary.

The one toward the heart, beginning of the list about the child who goes from murdering animals to murdering humans is a very creepy idea. why can i not find anything really CREEPY that is not involved with death? thanks for peloponnesian, the inspiration :D. I have had an idea in my head about an horror story for a while now; but I never knew how to of darkness, get the middle and end of the first book, the Essay on What, future books were already planed out and the only heart, thing yet to my vision for america, do was plan out the heart of darkness analysis, start of the first book and your ideas have helped me allot thank you!:) Why not write some of this ideas, yourself? These idea seem like fun to write. Number 21 is hands down the creepiest one with the on What, most potential too, imo. Good luck to everyone and their writings. :o.

Death_The_Kid 3 years ago. Some friends go over to of darkness, a guys house and stay up all night watching Corpse Party: Book Of Shadows. Then, the lights go out. When they come back on, one person is dead. And more are to follow. This was great, please keep up the major battle of revolutionary, good woork and feel free to join us on Horror Mavens on FB. Heart Analysis! Well done!

JerJer21417227 3 years ago. You work at the zoo, and there is Essay on Business Overview: Real Estate Purchase, a new shipment that is uncharted. Only a few people now about it, and there is no open cage for it. You go to the zoo at nighttime because that is your shift when it comes in and the works take it to the basement of the office at the zoo. Of Darkness Analysis! They movers leave quickly and u look in the crate. Is it a new species maybe a dead body, u decide. graysquidooer 3 years ago. Old man dies surrounded by his family, then see himself leaving his own body. He looks downwards at his grieving family and feels sorrow. Because he knows he can't comfort them ever again.

I know this is More weird than a horror story, but it was a story I never got around to finishing. minecraftloveR007 3 years ago. a man is all alone in for america essay, a house then he starts to hear banging coming from the window in analysis, his bedroom. he opens the curtain and there is his last victim-his wife. angelchloe123 3 years ago. Love these ideas!

They will really help me writing horrors because I have already created a few and couldn't think up anymore ideas. Don't you think #26 sounds like the pied piper story? Anyway, thank you! : Ah this helped so much, thank you! I'm going to major battle, use #25 as my base idea . Thank you for the help :) armstrongsierra5 4 years ago. I have written a page of scary stories before but i can't think of anymore thanks for the help though. As a published horror story writer, how about heart of darkness analysis this for a good idea for a horror story: A lonely old man, fed up with being unloved and review unwanted, resorts to dabbling in of darkness analysis, black magic to conjure up the perfect female companion . . . Essay! with disastrous results. I'm tweaking #17 for a story for Camp NaNoWriMo. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Decided on this just a few minutes before the of revolutionary, start of the event.

Thanks for heart, having it on your lens. Changed enough that it's different from yours, but yours sparked the idea. shortnscarystor 4 years ago. @ElizabethSheppard: Its too nice. We would like to invite you to visit our lens and website.

Hope you like it. Elizabeth Sheppard 4 years ago from Bowling Green, Kentucky. No, I don't have any current horror story ideas, but it would be fun to think some up! Theses are great stories ideas ! here's are some tips for sri lanka civil, what to not do in of darkness, your story ! 1. Do not put stupid things in your story that would not happen ,(Do: put things in the story that could also happen but can't happen but more likely can happen) 2. If it's a scary movie , don't have one thing happen that's very bad put many , because it can help you get more liking of that . Thanks for all the great ideas.

Thanks for all these ideas because I have to literature review thesis, write a scary story for school and these ideas really helped a lot with my story. You all are very good at coming up with creative scary story ideas so thanks. :) lisa-oliver-395454 5 years ago. Wow this is a really helpful lens, thank you. I will send the heart, link through to Essay on What is Glycation?, my husband as he is looking to of darkness, write in the horror genre. Thanks for the great tips and ideas :) two sisters and their three new friends in a new town find out about a demon who is trapped in is Glycation?, objects and dreams, birds laughing like children, whispers coming out of walls in of darkness, other languages, holding you down while you sleep. all very creepy.

As a fan I think much of review thesis my own story writing is of darkness, influenced by major battle war Stephen King so this lens is right up my street, great stuff! well i am writing a story at the moment and these little ideas have really helped me to boost up the story. thankyou for the great ideas. I always think the scariest ideas for a story is when your trapped and you feel like a presence is watching you. Maybe a murderer has took you hostage and your drowning in a box of water and your friend has to figure a way to free you before you drown. Suspence is always a good way to freak someone out. But away from the horror i'm used to comedy that's why my middle name is Mack because of heart of darkness 'Lee Mack'. I want to reignite the flames of horror. It can be one of the true genres again, and I am glad to see there are others here who see it through the same eyes as I do. It's funny the more horror movies I watch and review horror books I read the heart of darkness analysis, less nightmares I have. I've always had an irrational fear of porcelain dolls and whales. On Business Estate Purchase! A horror story incorporating one of those themes would probably shake me to the core.

I used to love having nightmares when I went to bed. Luckily for me, I wrote most of those scary story ideas down, because I don't have that many nightmares any more. Of Darkness Analysis! So sad. Oneshotvariety LM 5 years ago. Very good lens!

Creative! :] Great lens, i love this fiction. King, Lovecraft Poe and peloponnesian war causes Matheson :) WriterJanis2 5 years ago. My favorites are your first one and the Ouija board one. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and heart analysis company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.

HubPages ® is war causes, a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. Of Darkness Analysis! HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on on Business Real Estate Purchase, this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Order Essay Paper Online Anytime - SparkNotes: Heart of Darkness: Part 1

Expert Essay Writers - Video SparkNotes: Joseph Conrad s Heart of Darkness summary

40 Useful Words and heart of darkness analysis, Phrases for Top-Notch Essays. The secret to a successful essay doesnt just lie in Essay Distressed Real Estate Purchase the clever things you talk about and heart of darkness, the way you structure your points. To be truly brilliant, an essay needs to utilise the war causes right language. You could make a great point, but if its not intelligently articulated, you almost neednt have bothered. Heart Of Darkness! Developing the for america essay language skills to build an argument and to write persuasively is crucial if youre to write outstanding essays every time. In this article, were going to equip you with the heart of darkness words and Essay, phrases you need to write a top-notch essay, along with examples of how to utilise them. Its by analysis no means an Overview: Distressed Estate exhaustive list, and there will often be other ways of heart of darkness analysis using the review words and phrases we describe that we wont have room to include, but there should be more than enough below to help you make an instant improvement to your essay-writing skills whether youre a native English speaker or taking your first steps into writing essays in English. Lets start by of darkness looking at language for general explanations of Essay Overview: Distressed Real Estate complex points.

Usage : In order to can be used to introduce an heart of darkness explanation for the purpose of an thesis argument. Example : In order to understand X, we need first to heart of darkness analysis, understand Y. Usage : Use in other words when you want to express something in a different way (more simply), to make it easier to understand, or to emphasise or expand on a point. Example : Frogs are amphibians. In other words, they live on the land and in the water. Usage : This phrase is another way of saying in other words, and can be used in Essay on What is Glycation? particularly complex points, when you feel that an alternative way of wording a problem may help the reader achieve a better understanding of its significance. Example : Plants rely on photosynthesis.

To put it another way, they will die without the of darkness analysis sun. Usage : That is and that is to say can be used to on Business Overview: Distressed Real Estate Purchase, add further detail to your explanation, or to heart of darkness, be more precise. Example : Whales are mammals. That is to say, they must breathe air. Usage : Use to that end or to this end in a similar way to in order to or so. Example : Zoologists have long sought to understand how animals communicate with each other. To that end, a new study has been launched that looks at elephant sounds and their possible meanings. Adding additional information to support a point. Students often make the on Business Distressed Real Estate Purchase mistake of using synonyms of analysis and each time they want to add further information in support of war causes a point theyre making, or to build an argument.

Here are some cleverer ways of doing this. Usage : Employ moreover at the start of a sentence to add extra information in support of a point youre making. Heart Of Darkness! Example : Moreover, the results of a recent piece of research provide compelling evidence in support of Usage :This is also generally used at peloponnesian war causes, the start of a sentence, to add extra information. Of Darkness Analysis! Example : Furthermore, there is evidence to suggest that Usage : This is thesis used in the same way as moreover and furthermore. Example : Whats more, this isnt the only evidence that supports this hypothesis. Usage : Use likewise when you want to talk about heart of darkness something that agrees with what youve just mentioned.

Example : Scholar A believes X. Likewise, Scholar B argues compellingly in favour of this point of view. Usage : Use similarly in the same way as likewise. On Business Distressed Real Estate! Example : Audiences at the time reacted with shock to Beethovens new work, because it was very different to what they were used to. Similarly, we have a tendency to of darkness, react with surprise to my vision essay, the unfamiliar. Usage : Use the analysis phrase another key point to remember or another key fact to remember to introduce additional facts without using the word also. Example : As a Romantic, Blake was a proponent of a closer relationship between humans and nature. Another key point to literature, remember is that Blake was writing during the Industrial Revolution, which had a major impact on the world around him. Usage : Use as well as instead of of darkness analysis also or and.

Example : Scholar A argued that this was due to sri lanka civil war, X, as well as Y. Usage : This wording is used to add an heart extra piece of my vision information, often something thats in heart analysis some way more surprising or unexpected than the first piece of information. Example : Not only for america did Edmund Hillary have the honour of of darkness analysis being the first to peloponnesian, reach the summit of Everest, but he was also appointed Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire. Usage : Used when considering two or more arguments at a time. Example : Coupled with the literary evidence, the statistics paint a compelling view of Usage : This can be used to structure an heart analysis argument, presenting facts clearly one after the other. Example : There are many points in support of this view. Firstly, X. War Causes! Secondly, Y. And thirdly, Z. 16. Not to mention/to say nothing of.

Usage : Not to heart of darkness, mention and Essay on What, to say nothing of can be used to add extra information with a bit of emphasis. Example : The war caused unprecedented suffering to millions of people, not to heart of darkness analysis, mention its impact on the countrys economy. Words and major of revolutionary, phrases for demonstrating contrast. Heart Of Darkness! When youre developing an sri lanka war argument, you will often need to heart, present contrasting or opposing opinions or evidence it could show this, but it could also show this, or X says this, but Y disagrees. This section covers words you can use instead of the but in these examples, to literature review thesis, make your writing sound more intelligent and interesting. Usage : Use however to introduce a point that disagrees with what youve just said. Example : Scholar A thinks this. Analysis! However, Scholar B reached a different conclusion. Usage : Usage of sri lanka this phrase includes introducing a contrasting interpretation of the same piece of evidence, a different piece of evidence that suggests something else, or an opposing opinion.

Example: The historical evidence appears to suggest a clear-cut situation. Heart Of Darkness! On the other hand, the archaeological evidence presents a somewhat less straightforward picture of what happened that day. Usage : Used in a similar manner to on the other hand or but. Example : The historians are unanimous in telling us X, an agreement that suggests that this version of for america essay events must be an accurate account. Having said that, the heart of darkness archaeology tells a different story. Usage : Use by contrast or in comparison when youre comparing and contrasting pieces of evidence. Example : Scholar As opinion, then, is Essay on What is Glycation? based on of darkness analysis insufficient evidence. By contrast, Scholar Bs opinion seems more plausible. Usage : Use this to cast doubt on an assertion. Example : Writer A asserts that this was the reason for what happened. Then again, its possible that he was being paid to say this. Usage : This is used in the same way as then again.

Example : The evidence ostensibly appears to war, point to this conclusion. Of Darkness Analysis! That said, much of the evidence is unreliable at peloponnesian, best. Usage : Use this when you want to introduce a contrasting idea. Example : Much of heart of darkness analysis scholarship has focused on this evidence. On Business Overview: Purchase! Yet not everyone agrees that this is the heart of darkness most important aspect of the civil war situation. Adding a proviso or acknowledging reservations. Sometimes, you may need to acknowledge a shortfalling in a piece of evidence, or add a proviso. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Here are some ways of doing so. Usage : Use despite this or in spite of sri lanka civil war this when you want to outline a point that stands regardless of a shortfalling in of darkness the evidence. Example : The sample size was small, but the results were important despite this. Usage : Use this when you want your reader to consider a point in peloponnesian the knowledge of heart something else. Example : Weve seen that the methods used in the 19th century study did not always live up to the rigorous standards expected in Essay on Business Distressed Real Estate Purchase scientific research today, which makes it difficult to draw definite conclusions.

With this in mind, lets look at a more recent study to heart analysis, see how the results compare. Usage : This means on condition that. You can also say providing that or just providing to mean the literature review same thing. Example : We may use this as evidence to support our argument, provided that we bear in heart of darkness mind the limitations of the methods used to essay, obtain it. Usage : These phrases are used when something has shed light on something else. Example : In light of the evidence from the 2013 study, we have a better understanding of Usage : This is analysis similar to despite this. Example : The study had its limitations, but it was nonetheless groundbreaking for its day. Usage : This is the same as nonetheless. Example : The study was flawed, but it was important nevertheless. Usage : This is another way of saying nonetheless.

Example : Notwithstanding the limitations of the methodology used, it was an important study in the development of how we view the peloponnesian workings of the heart of darkness analysis human mind. Good essays always back up points with examples, but its going to get boring if you use the expression for example every time. Here are a couple of other ways of saying the on Business Overview: Distressed Real Purchase same thing. Heart Analysis! Example : Some birds migrate to essay, avoid harsher winter climates. Swallows, for heart analysis, instance, leave the UK in early winter and fly south Example : To give an illustration of what I mean, lets look at on What, the case of When you want to demonstrate that a point is particularly important, there are several ways of highlighting it as such. Usage : Used to introduce a point that is heart analysis loaded with meaning that might not be immediately apparent. War Causes! Example : Significantly, Tacitus omits to heart of darkness analysis, tell us the kind of gossip prevalent in Suetonius accounts of the same period. Usage : This can be used to mean significantly (as above), and peloponnesian war causes, it can also be used interchangeably with in particular (the example below demonstrates the of darkness first of literature thesis these ways of using it).

Example : Actual figures are notably absent from Scholar As analysis. Usage : Use importantly interchangeably with significantly. Example : Importantly, Scholar A was being employed by X when he wrote this work, and was presumably therefore under pressure to portray the situation more favourably than he perhaps might otherwise have done. Youve almost made it to the end of the of darkness analysis essay, but your work isnt over yet. You need to peloponnesian war causes, end by wrapping up everything youve talked about, showing that youve considered the arguments on both sides and reached the most likely conclusion. Here are some words and phrases to of darkness, help you. Usage : Typically used to introduce the battle concluding paragraph or sentence of an essay, summarising what youve discussed in a broad overview. Example : In conclusion, the evidence points almost exclusively to Argument A. Usage : Used to heart of darkness analysis, signify what you believe to be the most significant point, and the main takeaway from the essay. Example : Above all, it seems pertinent to remember that Usage : This is thesis a useful word to use when summarising which argument you find most convincing. Heart! Example : Scholar As point that Constanze Mozart was motivated by financial gain seems to me to be the most persuasive argument for review, her actions following Mozarts death. Usage : Use in the same way as persuasive above. Example : The most compelling argument is presented by of darkness Scholar A. Usage : This means taking everything into war account.

Example : All things considered, it seems reasonable to assume that How many of heart of darkness analysis these words and phrases will you get into your next essay? And are any of your favourite essay terms missing from our list? Let us know in the comments below! 221 Responses to #8220;40 Useful Words and Phrases for Top-Notch Essays#8221; January 09, 2015 at 8:47 am, Jimmy Tan said: January 23, 2016 at 1:13 am, AN INDIAN said: It is very useful for literature thesis, junior as well as to senior.It is awesome#8230;#8230;#8230;#8230;#8230;#8230; thanks for this. Heart! November 29, 2016 at Essay on What is Glycation?, 9:46 am, Mofasa said: March 10, 2017 at 3:30 pm, Vaibhavi said: May 04, 2017 at 3:54 pm, felix said: September 17, 2017 at of darkness analysis, 8:02 am, arjun said: April 29, 2016 at 1:13 pm, ron said: September 01, 2016 at thesis, 1:18 am, RedKeyMon said: Ty bruv! It#8217;s really useful! November 26, 2016 at 12:00 pm, Ranch Dressing said: This the real RedKeyMon? May 26, 2017 at 2:28 pm, inosh said: September 07, 2016 at 12:04 am, winter the savage said: yeh these words are lit. Of Darkness Analysis! October 15, 2016 at 6:19 pm, Freya said:

Thanks!! I have to right an essay on the battle of war hastings and analysis, I really need to widen my vocab! It really helped December 12, 2016 at literature thesis, 1:13 pm, rose said: great thanks,now i know how to use big words in of darkness analysis an argumentative essay. April 18, 2017 at 4:55 pm, nikie said: very very useful! May 26, 2017 at 9:13 am, Anthony said: Thanks for the article!

October 02, 2017 at 3:08 pm, yoyo said: January 13, 2015 at for america, 2:55 am, Amila said: Wonderful. Thank you so much. Keep in touch. February 05, 2015 at 12:36 pm, Tanya said: February 08, 2015 at of darkness analysis, 8:12 am, Ram said: Thank you very much. Battle Of Revolutionary War! Useful for my revision. February 13, 2015 at heart of darkness, 10:53 am, Lucienne said: Thank you so much, really useful! October 05, 2015 at 12:40 pm, Dhanushreddy said: very useful for students. February 26, 2015 at 9:08 am, Ayanika Arora said: March 28, 2015 at 6:06 am, Abhijeet said: Perhaps #8220;In the wake of#8221; would have been feasible to Essay on Business Distressed Real Estate, be included. March 31, 2015 at of darkness analysis, 11:04 pm, Loli said:

it is wonderful, you#8217;ve helped so much. May 03, 2015 at my vision essay, 10:44 pm, Rihards said: Wouldn#8217;t do as great without this! May 04, 2015 at analysis, 1:47 pm, Dan said: Thanks so much, this is really going to help my essay. For America! I#8217;m already a good writer, all I needed was a good source of of darkness words, and this was it. I will recommend this website to major war, my friends and heart analysis, I definitely will be checking what other information you guys have. War! Thanks! May 06, 2015 at 3:08 pm, Danny said: Thank you for your help. My essay will be great! May 08, 2015 at 8:51 pm, Oxford Student said: Thank you, for analysis, your excellent choice of words oxford is very hard on you as it is one of the thesis top schools so I appreciate these words. May 16, 2015 at 5:31 am, Aleena said: These words are quite knowledgeable to me because when I was writing an of darkness analysis essay my phrases are so absurd to put it another way these words make my essay beautiful. Thank you for providing such words.

May 19, 2015 at 4:50 pm, juules said: ostensibly appears? tautologies seem to be a thing in the english language. May 25, 2015 at for america essay, 8:56 am, gimhan savinda said: This was great, thanks a lot for these meaningful words. Hopefully I can face my exam in good perfect manner. Thanks a lot for the assistant support.

December 27, 2015 at 10:55 am, Ikoo said: I need more information about black#8217;s writing .also,his romantic way in nature . Please could you help me ? May 26, 2015 at 2:39 pm, Mike said: These are reach-me-downs and of darkness, the ideas you express are poorly connected. For example, #8216;As a Romantic, Blake was a proponent of a closer relationship between humans and literature review, nature. Another key point to remember is that Blake was writing during the Industrial Revolution, which had a major impact on heart the world around him. You link these facts incorrectly they are not a series of major battle of revolutionary points that are additive. They are causally related, i.e. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! one is battle of revolutionary war a consequence of the other. I believe this is better, both logically and stylistically: #8216;Romantic writers, including Blake, decried the negative impact of the Industrial Revolution on, amongst other things, societys connectedness with the natural world. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! Consequently he foregrounded the importance of major of revolutionary improving the relationship between humankind and of darkness analysis, nature.#8217; You also lace your examples with contractions and these have no place in review thesis academic writing. Of Darkness Analysis! September 19, 2016 at 11:18 am, Helena said: March 23, 2017 at literature thesis, 5:33 pm, Dr. Jim Loving said: You are correct. I have taught writing for 40-plus years, and I find many of these suggestions wordy and unnecessary.

For instance, #8220;In order to#8221; can simply to of darkness, be #8220;To.#8221; June 02, 2015 at literature thesis, 1:48 am, phertauwete said: Thanks so much, I got it. June 05, 2015 at 5:17 am, william said: Thank you very much, I#8217;m having my O-level English in about 2 hours now and you really helped me. I#8217;m sure i can score an A now #128512; June 07, 2015 at 7:21 am, Lysha said: Great!! Thank you so much for including the of darkness tips above. June 09, 2015 at 8:40 pm, Suus said: These words will really help me doing my English writing exam well tomorrow! #128578; June 21, 2015 at civil war, 11:52 am, Ali Zorab said: Such great tips, indeed. July 02, 2015 at 6:38 pm, Tim said: You did a wonderful job. Keep it up.

Tim Saudi Arabia. July 03, 2015 at 10:34 pm, maimunahm said: I am writing my thesis and it really helps me with it, thanks a lot. August 30, 2015 at 4:26 pm, aron said: April 23, 2017 at heart of darkness analysis, 9:49 am, Matorankle said: September 02, 2015 at 3:37 pm, Anonymous said: Thank you for providing me with these phrases! They will certainly help me with my English paper. September 10, 2015 at 3:31 am, Sarah said: what a great help in teaching children in writing essay#8230;#8230; September 16, 2015 at 8:04 am, josphat lowoi said: Good work..I greatly appreciate. September 21, 2015 at 2:45 pm, David said: September 23, 2015 at sri lanka war, 1:04 am, haripriya said: Thanks a lot! It was very helpful for my term end English examination! October 04, 2015 at 4:47 pm, Joanna said: This is helpful!

Thanks for heart of darkness, sharing! October 06, 2015 at 10:59 pm, Joe said: Thanks for the list. I think it would also be helpful to war causes, include a list of heart words to help express the thoughts of the writers being referenced in the essay, for example, #8220;Jacob states that teachers need to consider the major of revolutionary war learning abilities of all students#8221; or #8220;Williams asserts that reading English texts more often can increase the writing skills of analysis ESL learners#8221;. War Causes! It sometimes becomes boring to keep saying, #8220;so-and-so states that#8230;#8221; October 12, 2015 at 9:07 am, faiz said: This was useful for me. October 14, 2015 at 3:09 am, Lilow W. Analysis! said: This article was wonderful. On What Is Glycation?! Furthermore, I don#8217;t think my world history grade, as well as my grades in language arts and science, would have been half of what they are now without it.

All things considered, this was an amazing article and I recommend it to anyone looking to give their essay an elegant twist. Heart! October 15, 2015 at 3:41 pm, Ayushi said: Thanks!! Really a very useful list! October 18, 2015 at Essay is Glycation?, 3:29 pm, Missy said: Really helpful . Thank you guys.

October 19, 2015 at 10:49 am, steven O'Donnell said: I would have also included #8220;in fact#8221; October 19, 2015 at heart analysis, 9:42 pm, Tom Howell said: *Gasp* As someone who has studied and major, takes a modicum of interest in the English language, and having spent a lifetime writing scientific essays, all I can say is this list of of darkness analysis cliches will not aid you in your academic pursuits. This is a categorical list of major English don#8217;ts that will undoubtedly be highlight with a sigh, and a comment something along the of darkness lines of on Business Estate Purchase #8220;Please, no more#8221; paraphrased of course. Some of of darkness these are inescapable and are useful tools, but please use in war causes moderation. If you truly wish to improve your writing, consider the use of language in literature you may study as part of your academic endeavours be it english or technical based. What makes a writing style worthy of note, and what makes it tedious and monotonous?

The use of of darkness structure, engaging writing styles, and on Business Estate, even metaphors can be true keys to heart of darkness analysis, essay success. On Business Estate! December 07, 2015 at 8:24 am, Jeff B. said: Tom, I must agree. In my English class such cliches as listed here would be highlighted and returned to the student with an admonition to #8220;please use your own words,#8221; or something to that effect. As I like to heart of darkness, joke, #8220;Cliches should be avoided like the plague.#8221; October 20, 2015 at is Glycation?, 8:22 pm, yoursif said: October 22, 2015 at 5:00 pm, nur amira said: thanks it was indeed helpful. Heart Of Darkness! November 02, 2015 at 1:11 pm, sania said: really..its very helpful. im unanimous in asserting that how this has engendered an advantageous impact..in my result.

November 12, 2015 at 10:59 am, Alex said: This is so great#8230; thanks for the A grade. November 16, 2015 at 1:22 pm, Chala said: Thanks a lot for essay, this helpful article. One question though: The example given for phrase 12 #8220;Scholar A argued that this was due to X, as well as Y. has a comma included after #8220;X#8221;, but isn#8217;t a serial comma incorrect in a series of two items? November 21, 2015 at 9:05 pm, Yo said: November 26, 2015 at heart of darkness, 5:29 pm, courage said: thanks very much.very useful we look forward for other posts. November 29, 2015 at 1:13 am, Joey said: I don#8217;t really feel comfortable using firstly, secondly, thirdly to introduce new points#8230; does anyone else feel the same? December 07, 2015 at 7:58 am, Jeff B. Sri Lanka Civil! said: While some of the suggestions in this article are valuable, I am going to have to agree with Tom Howell about the of darkness use of literature cliches.

Many of the phrases suggested (e.g. #8220;To put it another way#8221; and #8220;Another key thing to remember#8221;) are cliches, and should be avoided in original writing. Another note: this article recommends the use of #8220;In conclusion#8221; to introduce the conclusion. My suggestion is to avoid it, and I am not the only one who feels this way. Heart! To quote the literature thesis Writing Center at Harvard University: summary,#8217; and #8216;to sum up.#8217; These phrases can be. usefuleven welcomein oral presentations. Heart! But. readers can see, by the tell-tale compression of the. pages, when an essay is about to end. You#8217;ll irritate. Essay Overview:! your audience if you belabor the obvious.#8221; If your readers cannot figure out that from analysis, reading your text that you are presenting your conclusion, then your conclusion has more problems than simply the thesis introduction to heart, it. December 07, 2015 at major battle war, 8:03 am, Jeff B. said: Note: In my comment above, I should have specified #8220;for college-level writing#8230; and above.#8221; Further, I will say that sometimes, indeed, #8220;In conclusion#8221; can be a useful phrase, but in of darkness many if not most cases it should be avoided. December 07, 2015 at Essay on Business Overview: Distressed Real Estate, 10:43 am, Jeff B. said: * Assuming, of course, that my #8220;comment above#8221; is of darkness actually posted after it undergoes #8220;moderation.#8221; Otherwise my note makes no sense#8230; December 07, 2015 at battle, 8:25 pm, pavla said: put (or set) the record straight. December 09, 2015 at 12:42 pm, Ahsan said: Really great info.

I will use these words in content of my site in order to get best rankings. December 09, 2015 at 8:48 pm, khalid Benameur said: really these are benificial words to use and analysis, Iam going to use them. December 10, 2015 at 1:51 pm, cp8 said: This is easily the go-to site when I write essays. Thank you! August 05, 2017 at 10:48 pm, abdo raheem said: January 04, 2016 at 2:41 pm, panthe veroski said: Thank you, it#8217;s so useful!

January 19, 2016 at 8:33 pm, BOB said: really good, I loved it! Would really help in my vision for america my test. January 19, 2016 at 8:34 pm, daddyshrekked said: Fantastic, wouldn#8217;t do that well without it. January 28, 2016 at 12:52 pm, yahya said: it is very helpful idea because i have exam thxn. January 31, 2016 at 3:24 am, Alex Joseph said: THANK YOU so much!! January 31, 2016 at 4:08 am, Jass said: Yes, it really works in my essay writing. Thanks, and the best thing is I am finding some more useful vocab words from other#8217;s replies.:) November 29, 2016 at 9:46 am, Mofasa said: Oke i kno now veri muchh.

February 04, 2016 at 3:54 pm, James said: Wow, this is really something valuable to me! I will have to jolt down all this and heart, use them in my academic writing tmr. February 05, 2016 at 6:26 am, hanna said: AMAZING. VERY USEFUL. THANK YOU SO MUCH. February 10, 2016 at 9:37 am, Shruthi said: Not useful#8230;I want idioms and phrases please. February 12, 2016 at 9:45 am, ORA Admin said: Thank you for review, your comment. It is of darkness worth bearing in mind that examiners often consider idioms risky, as when over-used (or mis-used) they can place a candidate at a disadvantage.

You are absolutely correct, however, that learning idioms is vital to acquiring fluency in any language you might enjoy our article on Essay on Business Overview: some of the more bizarre idioms in heart the English language! Best of luck in on Business Distressed Real your studies, February 17, 2016 at 2:58 pm, reyan said: Thanks it came in handy. February 20, 2016 at 5:20 pm, Unknown said: I think this might help me to heart of darkness analysis, improve my essays. Thanks to whoever gave such great words#128522; February 28, 2016 at 6:04 pm, Divya said: In all probability I find this this things very helpful which would surely enhance my essay. February 29, 2016 at 1:28 am, Tanya Roy said: this phases helped me in major of revolutionary 10th board icsc examination#8230;.. thanks a lot #128512; February 29, 2016 at 2:39 am, shubham said: I think this might help me to improve my essays. Thanks to whoever gave such great words#128522; March 03, 2016 at 7:30 pm, Abhishek Mandge said: Its really useful for me. March 07, 2016 at 11:33 am, ashrin said: March 14, 2016 at heart of darkness, 2:03 pm, Lekesh said: Thanks a lot#8230;.Helped me very much !! Really thanks for making this!! April 13, 2016 at my vision for america essay, 3:20 pm, Jiya Goyal said:

thanks a lot#8230;,helped me very much!! April 21, 2016 at 3:30 am, Juanaye goodall said: This words are really going to help me in my graded essay tomorrow. April 23, 2016 at 1:29 pm, lyricist chaani said: it was really very usefull for me . Of Darkness! so i am alluding to other students to use above lines. April 29, 2016 at 1:12 pm, Vape Naysh V/ said: tanks m8 ( ? ?? ?) May 01, 2016 at 12:07 pm, Asuna Yuuki said: Very useful for essay writing. Thanks a lot. May 04, 2016 at 3:58 am, SJAll said: Quentin Crisp, upon civil, being asked to give advice to aspiring writers replied: #8220;Never read.

This is very important. Heart Analysis! if you read books in order to improve your writing style, you will find yourself trying to write literature, instead of saying what you really mean. It#8217;s very important not to get caught up trying to write better American prose. Don#8217;t do any such thing. Just try to think, Am I saying what I mean? Have I pared away, have I taken away all the words except the ones that say what I mean. Review! And then your writing will be fine. You have the most wonderful writers in America, really great stylists, people like Damon Runyon, and there#8217;s no floweriness, no literary effect, in the work of Damon Runyon, he is as neat as he can possibly be. One of his stories begins #8216;Some parties who do not wish him well have put Maury in some quicklime.#8217; March 23, 2017 at of darkness analysis, 5:39 pm, Dr. Jim Loving said: Excellent advice. Many writing students would do well to Overview: Distressed Estate, read Zinsser#8217;s book #8220;On Writing Well.#8221; He emphasizes clarity in writing, and no one does it better. May 04, 2016 at 1:43 pm, angielski said: Very useful to have it in one place.

Thanks ! May 10, 2016 at heart of darkness analysis, 7:57 pm, Cheese said: Hello Oxford Royale community, Thank you for sri lanka, this extremely helpful guide on improving flow using phrases. This has helped me improve, overall, as I have now taken these tips to my heart. Thanks an awful lot, May 11, 2016 at heart of darkness analysis, 9:17 pm, Khirod Maharana said: I greatly appreciate thankful#8230; May 12, 2016 at 12:11 am, Inderpreet said: thnk u for the amazing words#8230; May 26, 2016 at for america, 11:11 pm, Georgia Kathleen said: This is really helpful, I#8217;ve been looking to expand and heart analysis, vary the words I use during English exams. Thanks! May 29, 2016 at Essay is Glycation?, 5:17 am, Noosh said: i was going to use conventionally but i have already used it so i had to use significantly #128512; June 02, 2016 at 2:24 am, jo sladky said: this is so helpful, thanks. June 02, 2016 at 11:50 am, irisha said: truly very helpful#8230;thanksss loadsss. Heart! June 02, 2016 at 2:37 pm, Kannan.P said: Could you please add more pharse. Review Thesis! Thanks. June 04, 2016 at 2:04 pm, Wish said: This was very much useful to me.

I pay my regards hundreds and thousands of times. This has actually a vast collection of heart of darkness analysis effective words and on What, phrases to be used in an essay. Once again thank you. #128214; June 13, 2016 at 6:54 pm, Alan said: June 18, 2016 at 4:48 pm, Sohaib said: It#8217;s really awesome. As well as helpful thanks a lot. Of Darkness Analysis! June 22, 2016 at 1:49 pm, Tuan said: Thank you so so muchh. June 25, 2016 at 2:00 pm, Ranthimo said: It is my first encounter with these eye opening phrases. Honestly speaking, they are indeed helpful aids that will unfailingly help me speak English fluently.

It is Essay Estate a well packaged informative tool that will help nonnative English speakers to of darkness analysis, have good command of English language.Thank you very much for your good effort. June 27, 2016 at 7:18 am, Vivian said: Thank you so much for the useful words to sri lanka civil war, use in essay. This help me a lot. June 28, 2016 at heart, 4:30 pm, Chris Speck said: Great stuff, thanks. July 01, 2016 at 2:16 pm, Pius Ndeti said: In light of the new learning, I am not only inspired, but also enthralled. July 12, 2016 at 10:06 am, Fernando said: July 19, 2016 at 8:01 pm, ashok kumar said: very useful guidelines. thank you so much. August 10, 2016 at 8:41 am, Widya said: very useful, thanks a lot. August 16, 2016 at 1:12 pm, Prabanya said: They were very simple.. But, good..

They helped me.. August 19, 2016 at 5:44 pm, ananay chhetri 7 said: It was very use full tu me #8230; Keep in touch #8230;. I scored 18/20 in literature review thesis essay n letter. August 22, 2016 at heart analysis, 2:09 am, Tanya Roy said: It#8217;s really useful for me#8230; thnkiew so much..#128522;#128522;#128522; September 05, 2016 at 12:16 pm, Mounika said: Very useful. Thanks a ton #128578; September 15, 2016 at 4:28 am, Student said: This was SOOOO helpful, I got an A. September 15, 2016 at 4:29 am, Student said: I think that these are amazingly helpful.

You should add a few words though. War! September 15, 2016 at 4:31 am, Yhandamene said: i am not ameracan and i am a xchang student, this was good for mee. Heart Analysis! September 15, 2016 at 4:33 am, Tinye Rae said: My writing literately changed immensely bro. peace#8230; September 15, 2016 at 4:36 am, Emerjihlia said: Wish you had more words on this, otherwise it made my essay from an F to an A+. I guess I had to do some work to though, that#8217;s some effort!

September 16, 2016 at 1:39 am, joe anchany said: the word more plausible and my vision essay, supplementary. September 16, 2016 at 1:46 am, kira Mayfield said: I believe think that you should add exclusively. September 16, 2016 at 1:47 am, kira Mayfield said: I think that you should add exclusively. September 17, 2016 at 2:59 pm, Rowan said: I use these words all the time in my undergrad papers, yet my lecturers always complain that theses words are high school level writing. Of Darkness Analysis! :/ September 20, 2016 at 2:30 pm, Tanmay said: Would like to add a few more#8230;. a sharp irony #8216;. Distressed Estate Purchase! Meaning- a sharp contrast. inspite of the fact that#8230;.#8217; September 21, 2016 at 5:10 pm, moomina said: the best thing on internet i found so far is this article , I must say its a brilliant peace of work . Analysis! hands up for the writer.

October 04, 2016 at 5:19 am, Tanyu Gracious said: Amazingly great one..(^_^) Not only my essay but my language has also impproved. October 19, 2016 at 9:45 am, Achyuth said: October 26, 2016 at 4:50 am, Stormy said: Are you kidding. As an English professor, these are all overused phrases that I WOULD NOT want my students to use. I teach my students how to be original rather than use cliche phrases. Battle Of Revolutionary War! Ugh! Not helpful.

You#8217;re perpetuating the heart analysis worst in writing. November 01, 2016 at 1:17 am, sylvia said: majority, it helped a lot of thesis people!! December 21, 2016 at 8:14 pm, Hope said: you#8217;re the one who#8217;s kidding not the one who provided us with them. English does not need complex words ;it needs a simple style of writing especially for non native . And please if you see them a joke provide us with what#8217;s beneficial. Above all #128521; Thanks . December 21, 2016 at 8:16 pm, Hope said: youre the one whos kidding not the one who provided us with them. Of Darkness Analysis! English does not need complex words ;it needs a simple style of for america essay writing especially for non native . And please if you see them a joke provide us with whats beneficial. Analysis! Above all #128521; Thanks . October 26, 2016 at 4:52 am, Carol said: These cliche phrase will NOT help you write a top-notch essay. Do NOT use these.

October 26, 2016 at 11:52 pm, KittyKat300 said: Awesome tips I got a great grade! October 30, 2016 at is Glycation?, 1:28 am, lolo said: November 01, 2016 at 1:15 am, sylvia said: this are very helpful, thanks bro : ) November 01, 2016 at 2:41 pm, Julia Jeka said: Great!! They are all really helpful. November 05, 2016 at 6:13 pm, Ro Mon Lian said: Thank you a lot, It is of darkness massively helpful for a beginner. How can we learn more?

Is there any book to purchase? November 08, 2016 at 11:51 am, Leah okoth said: Thank you so much. You have made it sink into my head. I believe it will help me even in civil war my presentation. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! November 08, 2016 at 7:07 pm, Brenda McDermott said: LOVE YOU ALL, THANKS FOR ALL THIS HELP, IT#8217;S INVALUABLE FOR ACADEMIC ESSAY WRITING SKILLS.

December 01, 2016 at 4:31 pm, Lia said: December 01, 2016 at 4:33 pm, Lia said: I am so glad, that some people write down these really helpful words. My essay will sound great #128521; Thank you so much #128578; December 02, 2016 at 1:06 pm, Vrunda said: Thank you so much for such a significant piece of knowledge. Please keep writing such useful posts. Literature Review Thesis! December 03, 2016 at 3:56 pm, Nick said: All of of darkness analysis these phrases helped a lot to review thesis, write an assay. I am not from America so my vocabulary was very limited, nonetheless I took a A. Thank you very much for heart of darkness, your help and pls let me know if you have any books that are going to help to write an assay. Literature Thesis! Have a wonderful day.

December 09, 2016 at 1:53 am, Eden said: I wish you would make it a book. This is a life saver to heart of darkness analysis, non native speakers. December 12, 2016 at 12:11 pm, Succ said: Just kidding, it was really helpful need linking words and good phrases like this makes essay better and advanced. December 12, 2016 at major battle, 4:40 pm, Erkin said: #8220;To sum up#8221; is also a good one for the finishing paragraph. And it is not commonly used.

December 14, 2016 at 5:32 pm, Ameer said: Much obliged and heart analysis, honoured to come across such a rhetorical and journalistic piece of writing. Essay Real Estate! December 21, 2016 at 8:08 pm, fatma said: yes you#8217;re right man. Can we be friends to exchange our essays if you want to !? December 17, 2016 at 10:27 am, falahi said: Thanks to of darkness, your efforts. Battle Of Revolutionary! It#8217;s great! December 18, 2016 at 10:18 am, shoneymol shaju said: This is really helpful to all and puts new updates for heart of darkness analysis, everyone#8217;s knowledge. I could know more than before and battle of revolutionary war, I am approaching IELTS exam so it will be helpful for me in heart of darkness analysis writing. December 21, 2016 at my vision for america, 8:04 pm, fatma said: wow!! these words are great . Thank you so much for such a help ; you#8217;ve really helped me. Another point to remember :p is that my essay is thirsty to such words . Of Darkness Analysis! ^^ thanks. January 03, 2017 at 12:40 am, Sayu said: Very useful students. It helped me a lot.

Thanks. Battle Of Revolutionary War! January 05, 2017 at 4:19 pm, uiyu said: January 05, 2017 at 4:20 pm, uiyu said: January 05, 2017 at 4:20 pm, jojo said: January 15, 2017 at of darkness analysis, 7:58 am, nebiat tesfay said: thanks it really helpfull. On Business Estate! January 22, 2017 at 12:25 pm, Steph said: Brilliant! Very useful. January 30, 2017 at 4:50 pm, Krishna said: Perspicuous to read and grasp. February 04, 2017 at 12:52 am, Kai Awesome said: This helped me a lot. Thanks. February 18, 2017 at 4:41 pm, Barath said: Very useful for me as I am seven th only.

February 18, 2017 at heart analysis, 4:43 pm, Barath said: Thanks for ur information. February 21, 2017 at 6:16 pm, Saud said: February 25, 2017 at 3:51 am, Faiz said: Very help for my SPM. February 25, 2017 at 3:52 am, Faiz said: Very help for of revolutionary, my SPM. March 01, 2017 at 11:12 pm, Ashton said: Was in English class and our teacher told us to go on this website and of darkness, I#8217;m really bored at the moment. March 02, 2017 at 6:19 am, ally said: March 08, 2017 at on Business Overview: Distressed Real Estate Purchase, 11:19 am, saanvi said: nice dude really loved it. March 09, 2017 at 1:51 am, Jay Munjapra said: Helped me a lot#8230; March 09, 2017 at 5:18 pm, Priyanshu Raturi said: It is analysis Best For Students In ICSE 10th Really Helps To Impress The Examiner. March 09, 2017 at 8:12 pm, Benmaamar said: March 23, 2017 at 7:13 am, stella said: thank you so much, it is awesome especially to foreign students like me.

March 25, 2017 at battle of revolutionary, 8:51 pm, Yaroslav said: Thanks! Working on it. Heart Analysis! March 30, 2017 at 4:34 pm, fatima said: very useful tnx. April 01, 2017 at 3:30 pm, Tawanda Bundukutu said: April 18, 2017 at 8:09 pm, Omar Hidar said: Pretty nice, I benefitted alot from is Glycation?, it, thank you. April 18, 2017 at 11:40 pm, Sameer The Nice said: Wanderful, although I don#8217;t need them at all.

Nice job, could be usefull in the future although I don#8217;t intend to. April 19, 2017 at analysis, 2:16 am, edward said: April 25, 2017 at 8:55 am, loshnee said: Thanks for your information it was so helpfull to me even i get 2 a in exam paper 1 and 2 i think it helpfull to junior and peloponnesian war causes, senior student. Heart Of Darkness Analysis! April 26, 2017 at 5:35 pm, Daniru said: Really ,really helpful article for the exams. April 29, 2017 at 2:43 pm, farmacia viagra said: Erettile per erezione disfunzione vardenafil e cialis di problemi ipertensione 17 rx farmacia italia sicura anni. May 11, 2017 at peloponnesian, 9:22 pm, Ujjwal Sawarn said: These aren#8217;t just catchy and heart, strongly pronounced but moreover, they extend the length of the sentence. It#8217;s one of the best parts of this article.

May 14, 2017 at 4:52 am, harper123 said: neat. helped me a lot. May 14, 2017 at 4:55 am, watchsuperwomanonyoutube said: thanks. now I can impress my English teacher! May 26, 2017 at 4:48 am, Jesse and Micheal said: Very very useful. May 29, 2017 at 1:46 am, fabi said: I proud of peloponnesian you because you helped other on of darkness analysis their study very beautifully. May 31, 2017 at sri lanka war, 10:18 am, kato said: damn, that is just what I need, thanks. June 01, 2017 at heart analysis, 7:02 am, Wowie said: Perfect! Thanks for the tip!

June 04, 2017 at my vision essay, 3:01 pm, Ellie said: this was really helpful thank you so much ! June 09, 2017 at 7:52 pm, Amisha said: Helped me in my test as well as in increasing my vocabulary. Heart Of Darkness! June 10, 2017 at 7:20 pm, Aids said: Thanks, this helped me a lot. Aiden from review thesis, Zimbabwe. June 12, 2017 at 1:38 pm, Genius alien said: Yeah ty a lot it can help me beat my bro at writing essay #128578; June 12, 2017 at 4:31 pm, mariah said: not very helpful I am sorry. June 14, 2017 at 5:20 am, Daniel John Seni said: This article is very important and useful! sometimes as we right, we tend to heart of darkness, forget some words which are very important in writing essay. we normally use informal words-at the end of the day we score poor marks and we complain why. Thanks for the one who prepared. June 15, 2017 at 5:59 am, nicole said: thanks it was very helpful. June 16, 2017 at 3:15 pm, mamta v gandhi said: it just helped me a lot #8230;not only my vision for america essay me but many of the of darkness people ..i was shocked seeing so many comments that it helped many people, these phrases and of revolutionary war, words were so helpful to me Oh My God #8230;thanks a lot #8230; June 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm, Ali said: July 12, 2017 at 10:43 pm, Mary Brooks said: What beautiful way for write, they person that write about Blake.

July 18, 2017 at 7:10 am, Praveen ravindran said: Thank you!! this words wil defintly help me on essay once again thanks to heart, you. please try this words on Essay on What essay turst me! July 24, 2017 at 11:48 am, Bubbablueeeee said: This was so helpful ty. July 26, 2017 at 5:38 pm, Malik Dawson said: This really helped me to get a better grade on my essay. ( ? ?? ?) Love this. Of Darkness! ( ? ?? ?) SUBSCRIBE TO ME #8220;BlastCrib23#8221; and My FRIEND #8220;MODDER#8221; ON PS3 Hes Jailbroken, #8220;SwagMods#8221; On YouTube.( ? ?? ?) MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO BOTH CHANNELS ON YOUTUBE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ August 02, 2017 at 6:59 pm, MAika said: Thanks.. i was struggling alot.. but now this made it a lot easier#128522;#128522;#128076; August 02, 2017 at 7:01 pm, shourya mathur said: August 08, 2017 at 4:01 am, helani said: Thank you very much. August 19, 2017 at 2:02 am, gkmurthy said: they are there. but we won#8217;t use them frequently. that#8217;s the my vision for america problem.

August 31, 2017 at 1:21 pm, Laura Croft said: Not to mention that my favourite words to of darkness analysis, use in academic writing are thus and major, hence! #128512; September 04, 2017 at 1:02 pm, true said: I#8217;m not ?ertain where you are getting our infomation, however good topic. Heart Analysis! I needs to peloponnesian war causes, spend some tme finding out more. or figuring out analysis more. Thank you for thesis, fantastic info I was searching for ths information for my.

Online Cheap Custom Essay - SparkNotes: Heart of Darkness: Part 1

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content - SparkNotes: Heart of Darkness: Part 1

essay on myspace Citation: boyd, danah. 2007. Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace . Apophenia Blog Essay. June 24 . http://www.danah.org/papers/essays/ClassDivisions.html. (If you have comments, please add them to the related entry on my blog. Heart? Thank you.) (I have also written a response to on Business Overview: Distressed Real Estate Purchase, the critiques of this essay.

This should answer some of the confusions introduced by this essay.) (Leveraging ethnographic data, I have documented these dynamics in more detail in my dissertation: Taken Out of Context: American Teen Sociality in Networked Publics. Heart? See Chapter Five.) (I take up the racist language that teens use to discuss MySpace and Facebook in White Flight in Networked Publics? How Race and on What is Glycation? Class Shaped American Teen Engagement with MySpace and Facebook. To be published in Digital Race Anthology, edited by Peter Chow-White and Lisa Nakamura.) Over the last six months, I've noticed an increasing number of press articles about analysis, how high school teens are leaving MySpace for Facebook. That's only partially true. There is indeed a change taking place, but it's not a shift so much as a fragmentation. Until recently, American teenagers were flocking to MySpace. The picture is now being blurred. Some teens are flocking to MySpace.

And some teens are flocking to Facebook. Who goes where gets kinda sticky. probably because it seems to primarily have to for america, do with socio-economic class. I want to take a moment to make a meta point here. I have been traipsing through the country talking to teens and heart of darkness I've been seeing this transition for the past 6-9 months but I'm having a hard time putting into words. Essay? Americans aren't so good at talking about class and I'm definitely feeling that discomfort.

It's sticky, it's uncomfortable, and to top it off, we don't have the language for marking class in a meaningful way. So this piece is intentionally descriptive, but in being so, it's also hugely problematic. I don't have the language to get at what I want to say, but I decided it needed to be said anyhow. I wish I could just put numbers in front of it all and be done with it, but instead, I'm going to heart, face the stickiness and see if I can get my thoughts across. Hopefully it works. For the academics reading this, I want to highlight that this is not an academic article. It is not trying to be. It is battle of revolutionary war, based on my observations in the field, but I'm not trying to situate or theorize what is analysis, going on.

I've chosen terms meant to convey impressions, but I know that they are not precise uses of these terms. Essay On Business Distressed Estate Purchase? Hopefully, one day, I can get the words together to actually write an academic article about heart of darkness analysis, this topic, but I felt as though this is too important of an Essay is Glycation?, issue to heart, sit on while I find the Essay on What is Glycation? words. So I wrote it knowing that it would piss many off. The academic side of me feels extremely guilty about this; the activist side of me finds it too critical to go unacknowledged. Enter the competition.

When MySpace launched in 2003, it was primarily used by 20/30-somethings (just like Friendster before it). The bands began populating the site by early 2004 and throughout 2004, the average age slowly declined. It wasn't until late 2004 that teens really started appearing en masse on MySpace and 2005 was the of darkness year that MySpace became the in my vision essay thing for teens. Facebook launched in 2004 as a Harvard-only site. Of Darkness Analysis? It slowly expanded to welcome people with .edu accounts from a variety of different universities. In mid-2005, Facebook opened its doors to high school students, but it wasn't that easy to war, get an heart of darkness, account because you needed to be invited. As a result, those who were in college tended to peloponnesian war causes, invite those high school students that they liked.

Facebook was strongly framed as the cool thing that college students did. So, if you want to go to college (and particularly a top college), you wanted to get on Facebook badly. Even before high school networks were possible, the moment seniors were accepted to a college, they started hounding the heart analysis college sysadmins for their .edu account. The message was clear: college was about Facebook. For all of 2005 and most of 2006, MySpace was the essay cool thing for high school teens and Facebook was the of darkness cool thing for college students. This is not to say that MySpace was solely high school or Facebook solely college, but there was a dominating age division that played out in the cultural sphere. When Facebook opened to everyone last September, it became relatively easy for any high school student to my vision for america, join (and then they simply had to heart of darkness analysis, get permission to join their high school network). This meant that many more high school teens did join, much to the chagrin and horror of college students who had already begun writing about their lack of interest in having HS students on their site.

Still, even with the rise of high school students, Facebook was framed as being about college. For America Essay? This was what was in the press. This was what college students said. Facebook is what the college kids did. Not surprisingly, college-bound high schoolers desperately wanted in. In addition to the college framing, the press coverage of MySpace as dangerous and analysis sketchy alienated good kids. Essay On What? Facebook seemed to provide an ideal alternative. Parents weren't nearly as terrified of Facebook because it seemed safe thanks to the network-driven structure. Heart Analysis? (Of course, I've seen more half-naked, drink-carrying high school students on Facebook than on MySpace, but we won't go there.)

As this past school year progressed, the division around usage became clearer. In trying to look at it, I realized that it was primarily about class. In sociology, Nalini Kotamraju has argued that constructing arguments around class is extremely difficult in the United States. Terms like working class and middle class and my vision for america upper class get all muddled quickly. She argues that class divisions in the United States have more to heart of darkness, do with lifestyle and sri lanka civil war social stratification than with income. In other words, all of of darkness, my anti-capitalist college friends who work in cafes and read Engels are not working class just because they make $14K a year and have no benefits. Class divisions in the United States have more to do with social networks (the real ones, not FB/MS), social capital, cultural capital, and attitudes than income. Not surprisingly, other demographics typically discussed in Overview: Distressed Real Estate class terms are also a part of this lifestyle division. Social networks are strongly connected to analysis, geography, race, and religion; these are also huge factors in lifestyle divisions and thus class. I'm not doing justice to war causes, her arguments but it makes sense.

My friends who are making $14K in cafes are not of the same class as the immigrant janitor in Oakland just because the share the same income bracket. Their lives are quite different. Of Darkness Analysis? Unfortunately, with this framing, there aren't really good labels to demarcate the class divisions that do exist. For this reason, I will attempt to delineate what we see on literature review, social network sites in stereotypical, descriptive terms meant to analysis, evoke an image. The goodie two shoes, jocks, athletes, or other good kids are now going to Facebook.

These kids tend to come from families who emphasize education and going to college. They are part of what we'd call hegemonic society. They are primarily white, but not exclusively. They are in honors classes, looking forward to the prom, and live in a world dictated by after school activities. MySpace is still home for Latino/Hispanic teens, immigrant teens, burnouts, alternative kids, art fags, punks, emos, goths, gangstas, queer kids, and other kids who didn't play into on Business Real Estate Purchase the dominant high school popularity paradigm.

These are kids whose parents didn't go to heart of darkness, college, who are expected to get a job when they finish high school. These are the Essay on Business Overview: teens who plan to go into heart the military immediately after schools. Teens who are really into music or in a band are also on MySpace. Review? MySpace has most of the of darkness analysis kids who are socially ostracized at school because they are geeks, freaks, or queers. In order to demarcate these two groups, let's call the first group of teens hegemonic teens and the second group subaltern teens. (Yes, I know that these words have academic and political valence. I couldn't find a good set of terms so feel free to suggest alternate labels.) These terms are sloppy at best because the division isn't clear, but it should at literature thesis, least give us terms with which to talk about the two groups. The division is cleanest in heart analysis communities where the predator panic hit before MySpace became popular.

In much of the midwest, teens heard about Facebook and MySpace at the same time. They were told that MySpace was bad while Facebook was key for college students seeking to make friends at college. I go into schools where the school is split between the Facebook users and the MySpace users. On the major battle of revolutionary coasts and in big cities, things are more murky than elsewhere. MySpace became popular through the heart analysis bands and fans dynamic before the Essay on What is Glycation? predator panic kicked in. Heart Analysis? Its popularity on the coasts and in the cities predated Facebook's launch in high schools. Many hegemonic teens are still using MySpace because of their connections to participants who joined in the early days, yet they too are switching and tend to maintain accounts on both. For the hegemonic teens in for america essay the midwest, there wasn't a MySpace to switch from so the switch is happening much faster. None of the teens are really switching from of darkness, Facebook to MySpace, although there are some hegemonic teens who choose to check out MySpace to see what happens there even though their friends are mostly on is Glycation?, Facebook. Most teens who exclusively use Facebook are familiar with and have an opinion about of darkness analysis, MySpace.

These teens are very aware of war, MySpace and they often have a negative opinion about it. They see it as gaudy, immature, and so middle school. Heart Of Darkness? They prefer the clean look of Facebook, noting that it is more mature and that MySpace is battle of revolutionary war, so lame. What hegemonic teens call gaudy can also be labeled as glitzy or bling or fly (or what my generation would call phat) by subaltern teens. Analysis? Terms like bling come out of hip-hop culture where showy, sparkly, brash visual displays are acceptable and valued.

The look and feel of MySpace resonates far better with subaltern communities than it does with the upwardly mobile hegemonic teens. This is even clear in the blogosphere where people talk about how gauche MySpace is while commending Facebook on its aesthetics. I'm sure that a visual analyst would be able to thesis, explain how classed aesthetics are, but aesthetics are more than simply the eye of the beholder - they are culturally narrated and heart of darkness replicated. That clean or modern look of Facebook is of revolutionary, akin to West Elm or Pottery Barn or any poshy Scandinavian design house (that I admit I'm drawn to) while the more flashy look of heart of darkness, MySpace resembles the Las Vegas imagery that attracts millions every year. I suspect that lifestyles have aesthetic values and that these are being reproduced on MySpace and peloponnesian Facebook. I should note here that aesthetics do divide MySpace users. The look and feel that is acceptable amongst average Latino users is quite different from what you see the subculturally-identified outcasts using. Of Darkness? Amongst the emo teens, there's a push for simple black/white/grey backgrounds and simplistic layouts.

While I'm using the major battle war term subaltern teens to lump together non-hegemonic teens, the heart lifestyle divisions amongst the subalterns are quite visible on MySpace through the aesthetic choices of the backgrounds. The aesthetics issue is also one of the forces that drives some longer-term users away from MySpace. While teens on Facebook all know about MySpace, not all MySpace users have heard of Facebook. In particular, subaltern teens who go to my vision for america essay, school exclusively with other subaltern teens are not likely to heart of darkness analysis, have heard of it. Subaltern teens who go to major battle, more mixed-class schools see Facebook as what the good kids do or what the preps do. They have various labels for these hegemonic teens but they know the heart division, even if they don't have words for Essay on What is Glycation?, it. Of Darkness? Likewise, in these types of schools, the hegemonic teens see MySpace as where the bad kids go. Good and my vision bad seem to be the dominant language used to divide hegemonic and subaltern teens in mixed-class environments.

At the same time, most schools aren't actually that mixed. To a certain degree, the lack of familiarity amongst certain subaltern kids is not surprising. Teens from poorer backgrounds who are on MySpace are less likely to know people who go to universities. They are more likely to know people who are older than them, but most of their older friends, cousins, and co-workers are on MySpace. It's the cool working class thing and it's the dominant SNS at community colleges. These teens are more likely to be interested in activities like shows and clubs and they find out about them through MySpace. The subaltern teens who are better identified as outsiders in heart analysis a hegemonic community tend to be very aware of Facebook. Thesis? Their choice to use MySpace instead of heart analysis, Facebook is a rejection of the hegemonic values (and a lack of desire to hang out with the sri lanka war preps and jocks even online). Class divisions in analysis military use. A month ago, the military banned MySpace but not Facebook. Peloponnesian? This was a very interesting move because the division in heart of darkness analysis the military reflects the peloponnesian division in heart analysis high schools.

Soldiers are on MySpace; officers are on Facebook. Facebook is extremely popular in Essay on What is Glycation? the military, but it's not the SNS of choice for 18-year old soldiers, a group that is primarily from of darkness, poorer, less educated communities. They are using MySpace. The officers, many of whom have already received college training, are using Facebook. Peloponnesian War Causes? The military ban appears to replicate the class divisions that exist throughout the military. Of Darkness Analysis? I can't help but wonder if the reason for this goes beyond the purported concerns that those in the military are leaking information or spending too much time online or soaking up too much bandwidth with their MySpace usage.

MySpace is the primary way that young soldiers communicate with their peers. When I first started tracking soldiers' MySpace profiles, I had to take a long deep breath. Many of sri lanka war, them were extremely pro-war, pro-guns, anti-Arab, anti-Muslim, pro-killing, and xenophobic as hell. Heart? Over the last year, I've watched more and more profiles emerge from soldiers who aren't quite sure what they are doing in Iraq. I don't have the data to confirm whether or not a significant shift has occurred but it was one of those observations that just made me think. And then the ban happened. I can't help but wonder if part of the goal is to cut off communication between current soldiers and the group that the military hopes to recruit.

Many young soldiers' profiles aren't public so it's not about making a bad public impression. That said, young soldiers tend to have reasonably large networks because they tend to accept friend requests of anyone that they knew back home which means that they're connecting to almost everyone from Real, their high school. Many of these familiar strangers write comments supporting them. But what happens if the soldiers start to question why they're in Iraq? And if this is witnessed by high school students from working class communities who the Army intends to recruit? Thoughts and meta thoughts. I have been reticent about writing about this dynamic even though I've been tracking it for heart of darkness, a good six months now.

I don't have the language for peloponnesian war causes, what I'm seeing and I'm concerned about how it's going to be interpreted. I can just see the logic: if society's good kids are going to Facebook and heart of darkness the bad kids are going to Essay, MySpace, clearly MySpace is the of darkness analysis devil, right? ::shudder:: It's so not that easy. Given a lack of language for talking about this, my choice of hegemonic and subaltern was intended to at least insinuate a different way of looking at this split. The division around MySpace and Essay Facebook is just another way in which technology is mirroring societal values. Embedded in that is a challenge to a lot of heart, our assumptions about who does what.

The good kids are doing more bad things than we are willing to acknowledge (because they're the pride and joy of upwardly mobile parents). And, guess what? They're doing those same bad things online and offline. At the same time, the language and style of the bad kids offends most upwardly mobile adults. We see this offline as well. I've always been fascinated watching adults walk to thesis, the other side of the street when a group of of darkness analysis, black kids sporting hip-hop style approach. The aesthetics alone offend and Estate Purchase most privileged folks project the worst ideas onto any who don that style. When I see a divide like this, I worry because it reproduced the of darkness analysis idea that the good kids are good and that Facebook participation is war causes, good. Over ten years ago, PBS Frontline put out a video called The Lost Children of Rockdale County. Heart Of Darkness? The film certainly has its issues but it does a brilliant job of capturing how, given complete boredom and a desire for literature review, validation, many of the heart good kids will engage in some of the war causes most shocking behaviors. and their parents are typically unaware.

By and large, I've found that parents try to heart of darkness, curtail such activities by restricting youth even more. This doesn't stop the desire for attention and thus the behaviors continue, but they get pushed further underground and parents become less in-touch with their good kids. While I think it's important to acknowledge that some of the good kids aren't that good, I don't want to imply that the inverse is true. Sri Lanka Civil War? Many of them are. But many of the heart of darkness subaltern teens that I talk with have their heads on much tighter than the hegemonic teens. The hegemonic teens do know how to put on a show for most adults (making it more fun for me to interview them and try to work through the walls that they initially offer me).

As a society, we have strong class divisions and we project these values onto our kids. MySpace and Facebook seem to be showcasing this division quite well. My hope in writing this out is to point out sri lanka civil war that many of our assumptions are problematic and the internet often reinforces our views instead of challenging them. People often ask me if I'm worried about teens today. The answer is of darkness, yes, but it's not because of social network sites. With the essay hegemonic teens, I'm very worried about the of darkness analysis stress that they're under, the lack of mobility and Essay Distressed Estate Purchase healthy opportunities for play and socialization, and the hyper-scheduling and surveillance.

I'm worried about their unrealistic expectations for of darkness, becoming rich and famous, their lack of work ethic after being pampered for my vision for america essay, so long, and the lack of opportunities that many of them have to heart, even be economically stable let alone better off than their parents. Overview: Estate Purchase? I'm worried about of darkness, how locking teens indoors coupled with a fast food/junk food advertising machine has resulted in Essay a decrease in health levels across the board which will just get messy as they are increasingly unable to afford health insurance. When it comes to ostracized teens, I'm worried about the reasons why society has ostracized them and how they will react to ongoing criticism from heart analysis, hegemonic peers. I cringe every time I hear of another Columbine, another Virgina Tech, another site of horror when an outcast teen lashes back at the hegemonic values of on Business Distressed Real Purchase, society. I worry about the lack of heart, opportunities available to poor teens from war, uneducated backgrounds. I'm worried about how Wal-Mart Nation has destroyed many of the opportunities for meaningful working class labor as these youth enter the workforce. I'm worried about what a prolonged war will mean for them.

I'm worried about how they've been told that to succeed, they must be a famous musician or sports player. I'm worried about how gangs provide the analysis only meaningful sense of community that many of these teens will ever know. Given the state of what I see in all sorts of neighborhoods, I'm amazed at how well teens are coping and review I think that technology has a lot to do with that. Teens are using social network sites to build community and connect with their peers. They are creating publics for analysis, socialization. And through it, they are showcasing all of the good, bad, and ugly of Essay, today's teen life. Much of it isn't pretty, but it ain't pretty offline either. Still, it makes my heart warm when I see something creative or engaged or reflective.

There is good out there too. It breaks my heart to watch a class divide play out in the technology. I shouldn't be surprised - when orkut grew popular in India, the caste system was formalized within the heart analysis system by my vision for america essay, the users. But there's something so strange about watching a generation slice themselves in two based on of darkness analysis, class divisions or lifestyles or whatever you want to war, call these socio-structural divisions. In the 70s, Paul Willis analyzed British working class youth and he wrote a book called Learning to Labor: How Working Class Kids Get Working Class Jobs. Heart? He argued that working class teens will reject hegemonic values because it's the only way to review thesis, continue to be a part of the community that they live in. Heart Of Darkness? In other words, if you don't know that you will succeed if you make a run at jumping class, don't bother - you'll lose all of your friends and community in the process. His analysis has such strong resonance in for america essay American society today.

I just wish I knew how to fix it. I clearly don't have the language to comfortably talk about what's going on, but I think that this issue is important and needs to be considered. I feel as though the implications are huge. Marketers have already figured this out - they know who to market to where. Policy creators have figured this out - they know how to control different populations based on of darkness, where they are networking. Have social workers figured it out? Or educators? What does it mean that our culture of for america, fear has further divided a generation? What does it mean that, in a society where we can't talk about class, we can see it play out online? And what does it mean in a digital world where no one's supposed to know you're a dog, we can guess your class background based on heart, the tools you use?

Anyhow, I don't know where to go with this, but I wanted to get it out there. So here it is. MySpace and Facebook are new representations of the class divide in American youth. Le sigh. (I have also written a response to the critiques of this essay.

This should answer some of the confusions introduced by this essay.) For those unfamiliar with my work, let me provide a bit of peloponnesian war causes, methodological background. I have been engaged in heart of darkness analysis ethnographic research on social network sites since February 2003 when I began studying the practices that emerged on Friendster. I followed the launch and early adoption of numerous social network sites, including Tribe.net, LinkedIn, Flickr, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Dodgeball, and on Business Overview: Purchase Orkut. Of Darkness? In late 2004, I decided to literature review, move away from studying social network sites to studying youth culture just in time for of darkness, youth to flock to MySpace. The practice of 'ethnography' is Essay Overview: Estate Purchase, hard to describe in a bounded form, but ethnography is basically about living and breathing a particular culture, its practices, and its individuals. There are some countables. For example, I have analyzed over 10,000 MySpace profiles, clocked over 2000 hours surfing and observing what happens on MySpace, and formally interviewed 90 teens in 7 states with a variety of different backgrounds and demographics. But that's only the tip of the iceberg. I ride buses to observe teens; I hang out at fast food joints and malls.

I talk to parents, teachers, marketers, politicians, pastors, and technology creators. I read, I observe, I document. One of the biggest problems with studying youth culture is that it's a moving target, constantly shifting based on heart analysis, a variety of social and cultural forces. While I had been keeping an eye on Facebook simply because of my long-term interest in social network sites, I had to is Glycation?, really start taking it seriously in heart of darkness analysis the fall of 2006 when teens started telling me about sri lanka war, how they were leaving MySpace to analysis, join Facebook or joining Facebook as their first social network site. While social network sites are in vogue, not everyone uses them. When PEW collected data in December 2005, it found that 55% of peloponnesian war causes, American teens 12-17 admitted to having a SNS profile in front of their parents. Heart Of Darkness Analysis? 70% of girls 15-17. These numbers are low, but we don't know how low. In the field, I have found that everyone knows about major war, them and has an of darkness analysis, opinion of them.

My experience has been that 70-80% of teens have a profile, but they may not do anything with their account other than private messages (i.e. Thesis? glorified email). The percentage who are truly active is more like 50. Often, teens did not create their own profile, but they're perfectly OK with having a profile created by a friend. My research is intentionally American-centric, but it is not coastal centric. I have done formal interviews in California, Washington, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts. When I do this, I do not capture parents' income but I do get parents' education level and job. In each of of darkness analysis, these communities, I have spent time roaming the streets and talking informally with people of all ages. I have analyzed profiles from all 50 states (and DC and Puerto Rico). Peloponnesian? I use the high school data from these profiles and juxtapose them with federal information on high school voucher numbers to get a sense of the SES of the school.

I have spent time in cities, suburbs, small towns, and heart of darkness analysis some rural regions. There are weaknesses to my data collection. I have spent too little time in rural environments and too little time in the deep south. How I find teens to my vision, formally interview varies based on region, but it is not completely random. In each region, I am only getting a slice of what takes place, but collectively, it shows amazing variety. The MySpace profiles that I analyze are random. I do not have access to Facebook profiles, although I have spent an excessive amount of time browsing high schools to see what kind of numbers show up, even if I can't see the analysis actual profiles. Again, none of this is perfect, but it helps me paint a qualitative portrait of what's going on.

(I have also written a response to the critiques of this essay. This should answer some of the on Business Overview: Distressed confusions introduced by analysis, this essay.)

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online - Heart of Darkness Study Guide | GradeSaver

Write My Paper - SparkNotes: Heart of Darkness: Part 1

Free German Essays on Family: Meine Familie. Did your German teacher tell you to write about of darkness analysis, your family, but you have just no idea how to do that? Well, you are lucky because you have me! I am a German native and happy to help you. I have written some example essays about families for you. I have seen many children at school struggling to writing in proper German.

Here is your chance to make it better and to for america impress your teacher. Wether you need to heart copy some sentences or use my examples as an inspiration, it is your choice. The examples that I show you below are structured like this: First, you find an example of peloponnesian war causes a short essay in analysis, German. It shows you how you can describe your own family. Since every family is Essay on Business Overview: Purchase different, I wrote some more examples for you to chose from. After the German part follows a part in italics where I tell you in heart of darkness, English what the German text is about. After the major battle examples of short essays, you will find a list of German key words and conjugated verbs that I provided for you so that you do not have to look it up a dictionary. Analysis? My aim is to sri lanka provide a time effective aid for your German homework. Any questions about the texts? Just ask! And please excuse any mistakes in my English, as I am still learning too.

Do you live with your Mum, Dad, and analysis, with your brother or sister? Then use this text to describe your family in your German essay: Wir sind eine ganz normale Familie. Ich wohne zusammen mit meinen Eltern, meiner kleinen Schwester Lisa und unserer Katze Mick. Meine Gro?eltern wohnen im gleichen Dorf wie wir. Oma Francis arbeitet noch. Sie ist Krankenschwester.

Die Anderen sind schon in Rente. My Vision Essay? Oma Lydia nimmt sich viel Zeit fur mich und geht haufig mit mir Kleider oder Schuhe kaufen. Leider will meine kleine Schwester dann auch immer mit. Heart Of Darkness Analysis? Mein Vater arbeitet bei einer Bank und fahrt am Wochenende gern mit seinem Motorrad. Essay? Das findet meine Mutter nicht so gut, da sie meint, dass Motorradfahren so gefahrlich ist. Sie sagt, dass ich und meine Schwester auf keinen Fall mitfahren durfen. Mein Vater versteht das nicht, aber er will sich auch nicht streiten. Nachstes Jahr wollen wir in heart, ein gro?eres Haus ziehen, weil meine Eltern noch ein Baby bekommen.

Ich hoffe, dass wir nicht zu weit weg ziehen, da alle meine Freunde hier in major of revolutionary war, der Nahe wohnen. Meine Tante Clara, die Schwester meiner Mutter, wohnt sogar genau gegenuber. Meine Cousine Barbara kommt deshalb haufig zu Besuch. Here is what the text is about (this is not a 1-to-1 translation!): We are a very normal family. I live with my parents, my little sister, and heart, our cat Mick.

My grandparents live in the same village where we live. Grandma Francis still works. On What Is Glycation?? She is a nurse. Heart Of Darkness Analysis? The others are already retired. Overview: Purchase? Grandma Lydia spends a lot of time with me, and we often go shopping together to look for heart analysis, clothes or shoes. Unfortunately, my little sister wants to come with us as well. My Vision For America Essay? My father works in a bank and likes to ride his motorbike on the weekend.

My mother does not like that because she thinks it is very dangerous. Of Darkness Analysis? She says we are never allowed to war ride with him on heart of darkness analysis the bike. My father doesn't understand why, but he doesn't want to argue with her. Next year, we are going to for america essay move into a bigger house because my parents will have another baby. I hope we are not moving too far because all of my friends are here. My aunt Clara even lives opposite to us. Therefore, my cousin Barbara often visits us. If you have a big family, this example may help you with your German essay: Meine Familie ist sehr gro?. Ich habe zwei Schwestern, einen Bruder, drei Tanten, einen Onkel und sechs Cousins.

Meine gro?e Schwester hat lange blonde Haare und hei?t Laura und eine kleine Schwester hei?t Miranda und ist dunkelhaarig. Mein Bruder hei?t Fred und tragt eine Brille. Ich verstehe mich gut mit meiner kleinen Schwester und meinem Bruder. Heart Analysis? Mit meiner gro?en Schwester streite ich mich oft um den Computer. Mein Vater arbeitet zwar viel, aber am Wochenende hilft er uns immer bei den Hausaufgaben. Thesis? Meine Mutter backt gerne Torten. Ihre Schokotorten mag ich besonders gerne. In den Ferien besuchen wir haufig meine Gro?eltern, da sie leider so weit entfernt wohnen. Meine anderen Gro?eltern, die Eltern meiner Mutter wohnen eine Stra?e weiter.

Das finde ich schon, da wir uns oft sehen konnen. Au?erdem haben sie eine su?e Perserkatze, mit der ich immer spiele. Wenn uns meine Cousins besuchen kommen, unternehmen wir meist etwas Besonderes. Letztes Wochenende waren wir alle zusammen im Zoo. Heart? Das war lustig, da mein Cousin Ben Angst vor Schlangen hatte. Ich mag meine Familie! My family is Essay Overview: Real very big. I have got two sisters, one brother, three aunts, one uncle, and six cousins. My older sister has long blond hair, and her name is Laura. My little sister is called Miranda and has dark hair. My brother's name is of darkness Fred and wears glasses.

I get along well with my little sister and my brother. Overview: Estate Purchase? But I argue a lot with my older sister about the computer. Heart Of Darkness? Although my father works a lot, he always helps us with homework on of revolutionary the weekend. My mother likes to bake cakes. I especially like her chocolate cake.

During the heart holidays, we often visit my grandparents because they live so far from major war, us. My other grandparents, the parents of my mother, live on of darkness analysis the street next to Real Estate ours. I like that because that way we can see each other a lot. In addition to of darkness analysis that, they have a cute Persian cat I always play with. When my cousins visit us, we always do something special together. Last weekend, we went to the zoo together. That was fun because my cousin Ben was afraid of the snake. I like my family! If you are living with only one parent, check out this text: Meine Familie ist sehr klein. Ich lebe zusammen mit meiner Mutter und meinem Bruder.

Tanten oder Onkel habe ich nicht. Meinen Vater sehe ich nur in den Sommerferien, da er weit weg wohnt. Meine Oma wohnt gleich nebenan. Literature Thesis? Sie kummert sich nachmittags um mich und meinen Bruder, wenn meine Mutter arbeiten muss. Heart? Meine Oma ist schon in Rente. Sie hat fruher mal bei der Post gearbeitet. Essay On What Is Glycation?? Mein Opa und meine anderen Gro?eltern sind leider schon gestorben. Analysis? Mein Bruder hei?t Patrick und ist sehr gut in peloponnesian, der Schule. Er ist sehr gro? und schlank und hat blonde Locken.

Meine Freundin findet ihn su?. Das verstehe ich gar nicht. Ich mag es aber nicht, wenn er laut Musik hort und es gerade meine Lieblingssendung im Fernsehen gibt. Of Darkness? Dafur geht er immer mit unserem Hund Gassi, so dass ich das nicht tun muss. Ich wunschte, ich hatte noch eine Schwester, die mir helfen konnte, meine Haare zu frisieren, oder mit der ich die Kleider tauschen konnte. Ich hoffe nur, dass meine Mutter nicht noch mal heiratet. My family is of revolutionary war very small. I live with my mother and my brother.

I have no aunts or uncles. I only see my father during the heart summer holiday because he lives far away. My grandma lives next door. She looks after me and my vision for america, my brother when my mother has to work. My grandma is already retired. She used to work at a post office. My grandpa and my other grandparents are already dead. My brother's name is Patrick, and heart of darkness analysis, he is doing very well at school. He is battle of revolutionary very tall and slim, and analysis, has curly blond hair. My friend thinks he is of revolutionary cute.

I cannot understand that at all. But I do not like it when he listens to loud music when my favorite tv show is analysis on. On the other hand, he always walks the war dog so that I don't need to do that. I wish I had a sister who would help me style my hair or who I could swap clothes with. I do hope that my mother is not going to marry again. The Audio Version of the Essay A Small Family Ready made German essay examples on a character and of darkness analysis, appearance description to use straight away. Guidance of how to structure your essay.

With English translation. German Books for Children Can Help You to Achieve Your First Goals Easily. This is one of my favorite books. If you like it yourself, why not try and read it in sri lanka civil, German. It is not too long and of darkness analysis, would be adequate for intermediate learners. If you have your English version at home, you can also cross reference.

Just read a paragraph in major battle of revolutionary war, English, and then the same in German. Reading This Book Is a Must if You Want to Get to Know the German Culture. Janosch is an important part of heart analysis German literature and culture. On What Is Glycation?? Janosh books are written for children, but adults love them too. Heart Of Darkness? The stories teach children about friendship, values, dreams, and how colorful this world is. As a student of the Essay on Business Real Estate Purchase German language, you should start with literature like this. Of Darkness Analysis? It will not be too hard for you if you are not a complete beginner, and you will gain an literature, understanding what shapes the understanding of a German child. Example Four: Living With Grandparents. Do you live with your grandparents? Then check out this example if it suits you:

Ich wohne bei meinen Gro?eltern, da meine Eltern gestorben sind, als ich noch ein Baby war. Wir wohnen in einem gro?en Haus, und ich habe ein riesiges Zimmer mit meinem eigenen Balkon. Of Darkness? Im Sommer mache ich dort immer meine Hausaufgaben. Meine Gro?eltern sind ganz lieb zu mir. Mein Opa hilft mir immer, mein Fahrrad zu reparieren und meine Oma ladt meine Freunde oft zum Essen ein. War Causes? Ich habe auch noch einen Onkel, der manchmal am Wochenende vorbeikommt und Architekt ist.

Momentan arbeitet er jedoch in of darkness analysis, Japan fur drei Monate. Peloponnesian War Causes? Wir passen solange auf seinen Hund auf, und er hat mir versprochen, mir eine Uberraschung aus Japan mitzubringen. Eine Frau hat mein Onkel nicht. Heart Of Darkness? Meine Oma sagt immer, er sei mit seiner Arbeit verheiratet. Dann gibt es noch Tante Miriam, die eigentlich keine richtige Tante ist, sondern die beste Freundin meiner Oma. Die beiden kennen sich aber schon so lange, dass sie inzwischen auch zur Familie gehort. Tante Miriam hat viele Enkelkinder und manchmal treffen wir uns alle zusammen im Park. Dann machen wir ein gro?es Picknick und haben ganz viel Spa?. And here is what the is Glycation? text is about (Remember, this isn't a 1-to-1 translation!): I live with my grandparents because my parents died when I was a baby.

We live in a big house, and I have a huge room with my own balcony. In the summertime, I do my homework there. My grandparents are very nice to me. My grandpa always helps me repair my bike, and heart analysis, my grandma often invites my friends for battle of revolutionary war, dinner. I also have an uncle who comes around for the weekend from time to time, and he is an architect. Heart Analysis? At the moment, he is working in Japan for three months, and we are looking after his dog. Thesis? But he promised me to bring a surprise back from Japan. My uncle has no wife. My grandma always says he is analysis married to his job.

Then there is aunt Miriam who is not a real aunt actually but the best friend of my grandma. My Vision For America? Since they have known each other for such a long time, she became a member of our family. Aunt Miriam has lots of grandchildren, and sometimes we all meet in the park. Then we have a great picnic and heart of darkness, much fun! My Audio Version of the Essay Living with Grandparents These Are the Keywords of review All the German Essays Above. Writing about you school is totally easy - with the help of heart of darkness this hub. Learn how to for america write about positives and heart analysis, negatives at your school in splendid German! FREE German essay on drugs - Drogen.

In part 9 of my series of German essays we talk about drug abuse, consequences and what your teacher wants you to on Business Distressed Real Estate Purchase write in your essay. Also covering cigarettes and alcohol. Free German Essay on My Holidays: Meine Ferien. by bongawonga 8. Free German Essay on Healthy Lifestyle: Gesunder Lebenstil. by bongawonga 7.

Free German Essays on Daily Routines: Mein Tagesablauf. by bongawonga 13. Free German Essay on Hobbies for GCSEHigh School. by bongawonga 9. Free German Essay on of darkness My Holidays: Meine Ferien. by bongawonga 8. Filipino Words and sri lanka civil, Expressions of Love. Spanish Lesson Fifty-Five: Doing Math in Spanish. by A.E. Williams 0.

Thank you so very much Ms. Bongawonga. The efforts made by you are really appreciated. aishwarya raghuvanshi 10 months ago. Thnku very much sir. Heart Of Darkness? But plz send me article about war, university. Thanks a lot.I found ir really useful:) bongawonga 17 months ago from UK. Thank you Keziah and analysis, Nieshang! xx. Thank you for the materials.they are good for Essay Overview: Estate, reading and heart, helping me in leaning German language. Hi,I need help in writing an peloponnesian, essay about meine schule.

Keziah Betty 2 years ago. Thank you SO MUCH for this serie of little essays in german. It is very helpful for me: it helps me to prepare better my german lessons. Heart Analysis? I learn german with a german woman which had a problem to create or find a simple text to teach me the german basics and I couldn t find anything simple and helpful. Finally I found your blog here so thank you one more time. For America Essay? You ve done a really really goood work. ) Sie haben mir geholfen .tousandmal danke.

Really helpful, thanks for analysis, this, write more please. I'm gonna present this essay as it is in my exam. Thank you man .. u saved me. bongawonga 2 years ago from UK. Thank you neha kolhe! Which country are you from? thank you , was really helpful.

Please can you write about battle, arguments in the family? sehr schön gemacht :) Sarthak Batham 3 years ago. it was awesome.i used your examples as inspiration.danke. bongawonga 4 years ago from heart analysis, UK. Thank you ratnaveera for your lovely comment! My next hub will be about sri lanka civil, holidays and I promise to write about heart, health issues after that. On What? I am glad to help :) ratnaveera 4 years ago from Cumbum. All the above four essays are simply superb!

I hope this will help me a lot to improve my German writing. Thank you so much for heart of darkness analysis, adding English translation and meaning for important keywords. I am also interested on health and travel essays. If you write articles on Essay is Glycation? those topics, it would be really helpful for me. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Of Darkness? Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.

HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. Peloponnesian War Causes? HubPages and heart, Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on literature thesis affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and of darkness, respective owners.